Candid is redefining oral health by using modern technology to help deliver human-focused care. With a commitment to creating the best outcomes, Candid inspires confidence and promotes wellbeing. We believe that high-quality orthodontics should be affordable and accessible, and we’re pioneering an innovative approach to diagnosing, treating, and monitoring cases remotely. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, BCG, Airbnb, Blackstone, and Clover Health.
We are looking for a Director, Accounting to join the Candid team. You will be an integral part of the Finance team responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, scalable and efficient practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. As a player-coach, you will build systems and controls while managing and mentoring a team of accountants. This position addresses financial and operational accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. You will report directly to the Controller with regular exposure to the CFO.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Controller in overseeing monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings including: reviewing reconciliations on key accounts, developing and distributing financial statements and accompanying notes, and general ledger analysis
- Lead implementation of NetSuite to be used cross-functionally and as the general ledger system
- Be the go-to person and thought leader for complex accounting matters such as: consolidation, foreign currency, equity, leases, and other accounting pronouncements
- Collaborate with finance management and business leads to support strategic expansion and business development initiatives
- Partner with functional leaders across the organization to report on Budget vs Actuals, P&L review, and other ad-hoc projects
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including: treasury, accounts payable, T&E
- Lead, motivate, and continue building a world-class team
- Constantly evaluate the organization’s processes and controls and develop sound recommendations to create scalable systems for financial reporting, asset safeguarding, cost efficiencies and compliance with US GAAP
- Present monthly and quarterly results to Senior Management
- Participate in completion of all external audit activities and audit preparation
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Accounting with 8+ years of experience (preferably a mix of public and corporate accounting within a pre-IPO or publicly traded company)
- CPA required
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of consolidation, stock-based compensation, leases and proven ability to write internal policies and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with monthly close process
- You are a master of the details, have a strong analytical capacity, and organization gets you giddy
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to interact and interface with all levels of management (both written and verbal)
- You are a strong leader with a proven track record in management who leads by example and hits delivery dates on or ahead of schedule
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Experience with NetSuite, Looker, Bill.com, Expensify is a plus!
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - right off the R & W line, and a short walk from the B, D, F, M, N, Q, 1, and 6 trains
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.
Read Full Job Description