Director of Accounting at SwagUp
Director of Accounting - $150K
As the Director of Accounting for SwagUp you’ll be responsible for overseeing all aspects of SwagUp’s accounting.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Accounting, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
The Director of Accounting’s responsibilities will also include financial risk management. CPA required, as well as experience with a transactional business model 50M-100M in annual revenue.
All great things start small. SwagUp was born in our founder’s mom’s garage 3 years ago with a mission to make swag buying simple and the rest is history! What started as a small idea to create a brand for swag turned into a multi-million dollar technology company that is rapidly expanding.
SwagUp is an API-First platform for creating and distributing high quality branded merchandise. Everyone loves swag, until they are tasked with the logistical nightmare that is procuring and distributing it. We curate the highest quality products and make them accessible through one easy to use platform that can be used company-wide.
Top companies utilize SwagUp technology to automate onboarding processes, client retention, giveaways, new hire gifts, anniversaries, among other use cases.
We are on a mission to streamline and digitize the entire swag supply chain and make it accessible through the most user-friendly interfaces, and we do this all while maintaining a culture of performance and fun. SwagUp is truly a family all working towards a common goal. To the moon!
Reporting directly to the Executive team your role will be to:
- Monitor the financial performance of the company
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets
- Research, document, and communicate to leadership the implications of various technical accounting and financial reporting matters
- Participate in review of contracts for revenue recognition issues and provide accurate accounting guidance on revenue, cost of sales and other accounting aspects
- Work with internal partners on initiatives to improve the organization including, but not limited to, new processes, procedures, workflows or system enhancements.
- Manage the preparation and administration of employee agreements as well as payroll and benefits set-up.
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Data aggregation, standardization, manipulation and organization.
This will include specific tasks such as:
- Process payroll in a timely manner (JustWorks,Deel,Bank Treasury Systems)
- Manage Cash Flow and Account Balances (Quickbooks)
- Help Integrate Quickbooks with other systems (Bill.com, Salesforce, Slack etc)
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements (by the 10th of each month)
- Cash reporting, analysis and projections (Semi-Monthly)
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics (Gross Margin)
- Sales Audits (weekly)
- Commission Reports (monthly)
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management (Monthly)
- Provide financial analyses as needed (Monthly)
- Monthly review and revisions with Executive Team
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual review
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Monitor compliance to financial requirements outlined in contracts, company policies and local laws
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including The Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise.
- Self-motivated individual who strives to go above and beyond to do what’s best for customers
- Can work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Familiarity with accounting software, ideally Quickbooks
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment where everyone pitches in
- Ability to quickly build rapport with multiple internal teams
- Thrives in a fast moving environment where things are always changing
- Questions the status quo and isn’t afraid to speak up
- You think strategically but like to roll up your sleeves.
- You’re a creative problem solver who sees every challenge as an opportunity to accelerate progress.
- Experience with a transactional business model
What Success Looks Like
- Establish COGS Margins on a per order level
- Establish department based cost attribution
- Decrease the marginal tax liability of the company
- Keep 100% financial data integrity
- Close monthly books within 5 business days
- Wake up each morning proud of the place you work and the amazing companies you get to partner with
- Join the team at a time when you can help shape the future of the company
- Exceptional compensation with uncapped upside
- Unlimited PTO, we are all adults, you’re in control
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Lots of swag!
- A performance culture that rewards results and promotes those that perform, quickly
- Being part of an organization that truly believes in promoting from within, at SwagUp your growth potential is uncapped!
SwagUp welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly correlated to our people, and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of the companies we partner with. As an organization, we strive to foster an inclusive, diverse environment where we all work towards a common goal! #tothemoon