Director of Banking Operations
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
At Stash, helping customers is our top priority and we’re looking for a driven, articulate, problem-solver to lead our Banking Operations team. We are seeking a Director of Banking Operations who will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of a bank operations team to support creation, deployment, and operation of a new mobile-based retail banking offering.
What you’ll do:
- Primary responsibility for the banking operations activities and support for the overall launch of a new digital, mobile based, retail banking platform, including the development and implementation of new banking products and features
- Provide direction to and overall responsibility for deposit operations and account services by maintaining a high level of customer service and support, streamlined operational processes w/ adequate controls, risk management and effective expense control while adhering to all compliance and regulatory rules and guidelines
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to scope requirements and built and test production solutions and working w/ the broader operations, risk and fraud teams w/ respect to day to day issue resolution and process enhancement
- Comprehensive understanding of the US banking and payments regulatory landscape.
- Ensure business goals and objectives align with the strategic initiatives and direction Stash’s banking product and scalability of ops platform
- Develop and manage a system of controls that ensures transaction integrity, reconciliations, regulatory compliance, efficient and scalable processing, and effective risk management, including conducting risk and control self assessments
- Oversee and direct the development, implementation, training, enforcement and maintenance of bank operational policies
- Direct the management of support services and support service vendors, including exception item processing, reconciliations, account maintenance, ACH processing (NACHA files), escheatment, dispute resolution, charge offs, risk reporting, and QA.
- Promotes a focus on high customer service that is in balance with proper controls, regulations and guidelines (such as BSA, Reg D, Reg E, NACHA, etc.)
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 10 years of banking operations experience at a major or large regional bank. Digital banking experience preferred
- Strong background in creating policies and procedures and monitoring frameworks for bank operational activities
- Strong understanding of fraud prevention and AML compliance
- Strong understanding of Federal Reserve Bank regulations
- Expert knowledge relative ACH/NACHA guidelines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Technological proficiency
- Empathy and the belief that the customer always comes first
- The desire to educate and help users
- An eye for detail, strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and under pressure
- Calm and friendly demeanor; solutions-oriented approach
- Desire to work in a high-growth startup environment
- Passionate and interested in Stash
- Digital banking experience
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits, Perks, & More!:
* Equity In Stash * Flexible Vacation
* Four Family-Friendly Medical Plans * Two Dental & One Vision Insurance Plan
* 401k * Learning & Development Stipend
* Commuter Benefits * Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Employee Referral Bonuses * Stocked Fridges & Kitchens
* Thursday Happy Hours * Catered Lunch on Fridays
* Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work in 2019
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch in 2018
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards 2018 Double Gold & Platinum Winner
- 2017 Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category
- 2017 W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience
**No recruiters, please.