Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Business Development
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit. In Business Development we build relationships, are on the front lines of all critical customer service issues, and help manage the customer lifecycle through pivotal stages in their Gemini journey. Whether it’s identifying new key institutional clients or servicing a retail customer’s needs, our goal is the same: deliver for our customers no matter what.
The Role: Director, Business Development
Gemini is looking for a Business Development Director to grow our business in the US by promoting Gemini’s unique value proposition in the financial space. This person will play a significant part in broadening Gemini’s reputation as a trusted, secure cryptocurrency exchange for institutional clients and will use a thoughtful, authentic, and knowledgeable approach to sales to both gain new business and to cultivate established relationships.
This position is full-time and will report into the Global Head of Business Development at Gemini’s office in New York, and will work closely with Gemini’s global BD team.
- Become a subject matter expert for Gemini’s exchange, Gemini CustodyTM, and other institutional products
- Prospect and generate new business for Gemini US, with potential reach in other regions
- Work with Global Head of Business Development leadership to identify and implement key sales/business development targets in the market
- Use reputation and expertise in the institutional financial market to establish strong relationships with institutional decision-makers and investors
- Own relationship management processes for existing and acquired institutional clients
- 10+ years of relevant experience in sales and in financial services (buy side and/or sell side), with a clear track record of meeting and exceeding sales and revenue goals
- Solid reputation and extensive network within the institutional financial market, with the ability to:
- connect with decision-makers on internal teams and at senior leadership levels
- bring credibility to business development and outbound sales conversations
- Excellent verbal/written communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in client relationship management processes and best practices
- Self-starter with passion for learning about new technology and the ability to roll up sleeves
- Experience in cryptocurrency market
- Experience in a startup environment
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.