Director of Commissions
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Yext is seeking an experienced commissions professional to join our growing team. The Director of Commissions will be responsible for leading, building and transforming the Company's sales incentive function including commission plans, systems, process, commission calculations, and certain business operations. In addition to managing other members of the commissions team, the Director, will partner with HR, Sales Ops and Finance teams. This leader will be a true partner to the organization always approaching work with a lens of adding value to the company.
Yext is looking for a leader with a proven track record of creating and enacting new strategies. These key skill sets will help drive efficiency and best practices in order to aggressively position Yext for global success that will benefit both shareholders and employees alike.
- Lead, coach, hire and develop a commissions team while establishing a vision for the commissions function.
- Develop a high performing commissions team, ensuring redundancy in training across key processes.
- Work with HR, Sales Ops, and Finance to develop globally scalable processes for the timely reporting, recording and review of commission plans and inputs.
- Ensure the commission’s cycle transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Scale the commissions team and promote proper procedure, infrastructure and data governance within company-wide teams and groups.
- Assist with the rollout, implementation and management of the commission system.
- Accuracy, timeliness and compliance of reporting, while documenting the policies, processes and controls.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and controls, SOX as well as compliance with external laws and regulatory guidance.
- Provide monthly analysis and report on commissions metrics to the Executive team.
- Track, monitor and report on commissions process cycle times and error rates.
- Work closely with management and sales reps teams to understand and resolve commissions issues and questions.
- Work closely with business partners to ensure any commissions, and related implications are reviewed and considered in commissions cycles.
- Understand, implement and assist in the development of the Yext Compensation Policies and Plans.
- BA/BS degree or similar college level education required
- 10+ years of Commissions experience
- Experience with major commissions and ERP system (Workday, Netsuite)
- Experience with major Incentive Compensation Management systems (Callidus)
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.