Brigit is a financial health app for the everyday American. By using cash flow data to automate finances, not only does Brigit help people today, but also helps them start saving for tomorrow and permanently transform their financial future. Brigit analyzes data from billions of individual bank transactions and formulates a deep understanding of each member’s cash-flow mismatches and spending habits. Using that data, Brigit is able to send no-fee predictive advances and help millions of Americans avoid late payment fees, predatory overdraft fees, and interest rates.
Our initial product is focused on disrupting the predatory $44 Billion payday loan and overdraft market. The company leverages its IP to analyze bank transaction data to empower and improve the lives of 100M underserved Americans.
We are currently looking for an experienced Director of Compliance who will build and lead compliance operations at Brigit. This person will develop, manage, and implement compliance & regulatory programs including: risk assessment, policies & procedures, reporting, and 3rd party/vendor management. The candidate will ensure we adhere to relevant federal, state, and local agency laws, regulations, & guidance, as well as industry-standard practices.
Reporting to the Co-founder, the ideal candidate has experience in implementing and managing compliance operations at a consumer Fintech company or in retail banking with extensive knowledge of digital banking and credit products. The right person will undoubtedly be a thought partner to the cofounders on how to scale the company in a regulatory compliant manner.
- Lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of Brigit’s compliance programs, including policies & procedures, risk assessments, and auditing/monitoring
- Develop, manage, and update banking & lending compliance programs including: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending), Regulation E (Electronic Funds Transfers), Reg DD (Truth in Savings), state lending regulations, BSA, AML, and KYC
- Collaborate with internal teams, external legal counsel, and bank partners to implement compliance risk management systems
- Analyze and advise the team on changes in regulatory compliance laws, rules, and regulations, and evolve Brigit’s compliance frameworks as needed
- Develop, maintain, and disseminate a library of compliance resources to appropriate executives & staff
- Review product marketing materials to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Work with the tech team to ensure compliance with data standards such as SOC-I & SOC II, PCI-DSS, and other relevant standards
- Promote a culture of compliance across the company
What You Have
- 7-10 years or more of compliance and risk management experience in the consumer Fintech or consumer financial services space
- Specific compliance and regulatory knowledge relevant for consumer depository accounts, debit cards, and consumer credit
- A current understanding of industry-standard practices including, but not limited to, UDAAP, SOC-I & SOC II, PCI-DSS, AML, BSA, and KYC
- Ablility to execute on Brigit’s current compliance needs while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset on how our compliance frameworks will need to evolve alongside our product roadmap
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and create company standards
- Persuasive communicaton style, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and are capable of presenting complex information in an easy to understand format
- A passion to make a social impact and to help build a business that dramatically improves people’s lives
The team at Brigit has an extensive background in finance, tech & data, with previous experience at Palantir, Deutsche Bank, and Two Sigma. The company is backed by leading equity investors including DCM, Canaan Partners, and NYCA, as well as a host of celebrities and other individual investors.
- 401k plan
- Generous PTO and sick days
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Weekly company lunches
- Unlimited snacks
- Company happy hours
- Weekly team game nights
- Pet-friendly office
- GREAT PEOPLE
BOTTOM LINE: We're looking for curious, hardworking, down-to-earth people, who are passionate about helping hardworking Americans improve their financial lives.
Read Full Job Description