Director, Consolidation and Corporate Accounting at Gympass
GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are hiring a Director, Consolidation and Corporate Accounting to our Finance team in New York! We offer the flexibility to work remotely with the expectation of traveling to the office a few times per month.
- Global consolidation and compliance with U.S. GAAP accounting policies
- Prepare, review and analysis consolidated U.S. GAAP financial results
- Lead corporate accounting, including but not limited to, share-based compensation, goodwill, intangibles, intercompany, investments and 409A valuations.
- Oversee global closing process leveraging the company’s close management tool (FloQast)
- Assist in the design and rollout of process improvement initiatives, including global process harmonization and other improvement projects leveraging technology and automation
- Support the company’s internal controls initiative for corporate processes
- Prepare consolidated U.S. GAAP financial statements, including MD&A, on a quarterly
- Serve as the main point of contact for our auditors
- Assist with preparation of audit committee material
- Manage implementation of ASC 842 and other new accounting standards as they arise
- Maintain global accounting policies and identify areas to expand current policies
- Support global automation initiative and identify opportunities to automate the company’s financial processes
WHO YOU ARE
- A Finance professional with 8+ years of experience in Accounting, Finance, and U.S. GAAP
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business with a concentration in Accounting, or a related field;
- SEC reporting and public company experience a plus proficiency with accounting software
- Strong knowledge of accounting, finance, and U.S. GAAP
- Experience in NetSuite a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and willing to work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Spanish and Portuguese are a plus
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: health, dental, and life insurance
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge. Competitive PTO starting on Day 1 and floating holiday in addition to 9 company-observed holidays
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family. 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass...follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers, Facebook “Life at Gympass” and LinkedIn!
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.