ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Director of Corporate Accounting – Global Consolidations to join our Accounting and Finance team at Peloton. This position will be a key member of the Corporate Accounting team and a critical link between the Corporate Accounting and Tax teams. The candidate will be responsible for designing and executing scalable intercompany transaction policies, processes and systems that address foreign currency and intercompany accounting in accordance with US GAAP as well as various tax requirements.
The Director will possess excellent communication and relationship building skills as they work across the organization. This position will report to the SVP and Chief Accounting Officer at Peloton's HQ in New York. The Director will work on multiple projects at once and be responsible for developing and maintaining effective communication with multiple business partners. The Director may also be involved in other Accounting & Finance activities as needed.
- Oversee and add consistent, valuable thought leadership regarding the accounting of all intercompany transactions, as well as the design, implementation and execution of scalable and effective systems and processes.
- Partner closely with the Tax department, leveraging past experience and knowledge around transfer pricing
- Leverage past experience and knowledge to assist with the design, implementation and execution of scalable, efficient and GAAP and tax compliant processes and related systems.
- Manage the consolidation process including the review of consolidation, reconciliation of inter-company and investment in subsidiary, and other related transactions.
- Oversee the preparation and review of legal entity level financial reporting, including governance over the statutory reporting process and related audits.
- Analyzes key company drivers associated with tax accounting within the International and Domestic structure. Understanding the inter-dependencies between certain accounting and legal entities, and the reasoning behind the set-up of structures will be key.
- Maintains expertise associated with legal entity tax accounting and cross sharing of this knowledge.
- Act as a key team leader, foster a growth and innovation mindset and work to build a strong team in an ever-changing environment.
- Prepare quarterly consolidation balance sheet reporting packages
- Prepare various financial schedules, such as FX reasonableness proof, late entry review, and AOCI rollforward
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license in good standing
- 8+ years of accounting or reporting at a public company and/or external audit of public companies.
- Must have a strong understanding and application of US GAAP, with a specialization of knowledge surrounding intercompany transactions, including:
- Experience supporting the netting and settlement of intercompany transaction invoices
- Manage the process for transaction level matching, reconciliation, and elimination, including clearing of original balances post-settlement of intercompany transactions
- Must have a proven track record of effective communication at all levels across the entire organiztion, with a high level of self-awareness when it comes to the effectiveness of their own communication and an ability to lead through influence
- Must possess knowledge and experience regarding the effective financial system design and configuration of financial systems in order to support a rapidly growing and internationally expanding organization.
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a cross-functional team.
- Familiarity with Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) requirements and ability to partner with the Tax team to support proper accounting for intercompany transactions
- Ability to assist with calculation and documentation of corporate allocations and centralized service charges
- Through prior experience, recommend and implement process improvements for the overall team and drives consistency and standardization to process and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization. Ability to effectively communicate clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing,
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Must have a strong understanding of internal control concepts, including documentation requirements.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.