Director, Corporate Accounting at Peloton
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Director of Corporate Accounting to join our Accounting and Finance team at Peloton. This position will be a key member of the Corporate Accounting team and oversee the teams responsible for the accounting of real estate, capital projects, debt and equity as well as all corporate functions. The candidate will be responsible for designing and executing scalable policies, processes and systems that address risk management and efficient transaction processing, while ensuring accounting in accordance with US GAAP.
The Director will possess excellent communication and relationship building skills as they work across the organization. This position will report to the Chief Accounting Officer at Pelotons HQ in New York. The Director will work on multiple projects at once and be responsible for developing and maintaining effective communication with multiple business partners. The Director may also be involved in other Accounting & Finance activities as needed.
- Oversee and add consistent, valuable thought leadership regarding the accounting of all intercompany transactions, as well as the design, implementation and execution of scalable and effective systems and processes.
- Partner closely with various corporate functions, ensuring that business needs are met while ensuring efficiency and accuracy of accounting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Leverage experience and knowledge to assist with the design, implementation and execution of scalable, efficient and GAAP compliant processes and related systems, including the consideration of RPAs.
- Manage all aspects of the month end close process as it pertains to the corporate accounting teams.
- Ensure compliance with SOX in all processes of the corporate accounting teams.
- Act as a key team leader, foster a growth and innovation mindset and work to build a strong team in an ever-changing environment.
- Proactively participate in the management the overall accounting and finance department as a key leader on the accounting team.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license in good standing
- 7+ years of accounting or reporting at a public company and/or external audit of public companies.
- Must have a strong understanding and application of US GAAP, with a specialization of knowledge surrounding intercompany transactions, including:
- Experience supporting the netting and settlement of intercompany transaction invoices
- Manage the process for transaction level matching, reconciliation, and elimination, including clearing of original balances post-settlement of intercompany transactions
- Must have a proven track record of effective communication at all levels across the entire organization, with a high level of self-awareness when it comes to the effectiveness of their own communication and an ability to lead through influence
- Must possess knowledge and experience regarding the effective financial system design and configuration of financial systems in order to support a rapidly growing and internationally expanding organization.
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a cross-functional team.
- Manage the process for transaction level matching, reconciliation, and elimination, including clearing of original balances post-settlement of intercompany transactions, with RPA experience preferred
- Ability to assist with calculation and documentation of corporate allocations and centralized service charges
- Through prior experience, recommend and implement process improvements for the overall team and drives consistency and standardization to process and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization. Ability to effectively communicate clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing,
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Must have a strong understanding of internal control concepts, including documentation requirements.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.