Director, External Reporting and Technical Accounting at Celonis
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software, turning process insights into action with The Celonis Intelligent Business Cloud, built on the process mining technology it pioneered. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Companies around the world including Siemens, L’Oreal, Uber, 3M, and BMW rely on Celonis technology to guide action and drive change to business processes, resulting in millions of dollars saved and an improved experience for their customers. Headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, New York, Celonis has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. Valuated at over $1 billion, Celonis received $27.6 million Series A in June 2016 and $50 million Series B funding in June 2018 from investors Accel and 83 North. Since opening its US headquarters in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue. In addition to its offices in the UK, Netherlands, and Japan, Celonis is expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, Ann Arbor, as well as Latin America.
This is an exciting time at Celonis and this role will be a key hire within our Controllership organization.
- Serve as an internal technical accounting resource to help implement new and emerging FASB and SEC accounting pronouncements (ASC 606 and ASC 842) as well as assess the accounting impact on the current reporting and disclosures.
- Liaise with key members of sales, operations and legal to collaborate on accounting implications of non-standard revenue transactions in this rapidly evolving software industry and document accounting treatment of such transactions.
- Lead the efforts to transform current IFRS complaint consolidated financial statements to be US GAAP and SEC compliant.
- Manage the design and operations of internal controls and policies and procedures related to revenue recognition and monthly close and reporting processes.
- Research and documentation of technical accounting inquiries and related disclosure requirements for all non-recurring transactions.
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends related to financial reporting and technical accounting including review of industry leader’s filings and disclosures for best practices.
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and be an actively licensed CPA
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Must have experience working with SEC clients (if coming from public accounting) or at an SEC Registered Company (if coming from private)
- Candidate must have a strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting. Knowledge of IFRS a plus
- Must have a deep understanding of ASC 605 and ASC 606 and have worked in a company that has been through the adoption of the new standard, preferably in the software industry
- Must have shown the ability to perform independent accounting research and the subsequent framing and documentation of accounting issues along with the related conclusions
- Strong sense of integrity, responsibility and accountability
- Have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and brings a hands-on style and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast-moving company with a wide variety of strategic initiatives