Aircall is on a mission to redefine the business phone.
We are an advanced cloud-based phone system, complete business phone, and call center software — all wrapped up in one single tool.
But behind our product are the people driving it. Ambition, teamwork, transparency and community — these are the values we live by at Aircall. We know that success comes from hard work and deserves to be recognized and rewarded.
So if you’re a person that loves the challenge of a startup atmosphere, enjoys solving meaningful problems, and wants to feel like part of a family — then you just might be who we’re looking for.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Controller. This person will be responsible for building and running a highly efficient finance and accounting infrastructure across the organization in order to ensure effective decision making. You will implement processes, systems, and controls that will enable us to scale to a 800+ employee organization in the next few years. The position will report to the CFO and be a key member of the finance leadership team.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for all activities related to traditional general accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, general ledger, etc.
- Oversee the month, quarter, and year end close including consolidation and preparation of monthly management package
- Responsible for all audits and related statutory compliance requirements, globally
- Support the FP&A team in the budgeting, forecasting and recurring variance analysis
- Implement and maintain discount policies in close collaboration with Sales and Customer Success teams
- Optimize costs by rationalizing and renegotiating with key suppliers
- Establish, monitor and maintain internal controls and corresponding documentation across critical accounting procedures
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and automation by introducing technology solutions and best practices
- Manage all cap table and equity plans including execution of option agreements to employees
- Support the executive team with all post term sheet negotiations and due diligence requirements for fundraising, debt facilities, potential acquisition
- Manage an accounting team of over 5 employees
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field
- CPA highly preferred
- 7 years or more of proven accounting experience
- Deep working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and key principles of application (eg. ASC606)
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems (NetSuite preferred)
- Experience in a high growth environment
- Experience with managing a team in several locations
We believe that everyone’s voice is unique and valuable. That’s why we advocate to empower the voice of both our employees and our customers. Being fully engaged at work means that we’re happier, more confident, and more excited to achieve great things together.
Aircall offers a unique work environment and the chance to collaborate with diverse teammates across two continents. We give you the freedom and tools to do your best work, and foster an environment you can do it in. We also have some sweet perks like:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance is 100% covered
- Unlimited PTO — take the time you need to come to work feeling great!
- 401k plan (with company matching!)
- Competitive salary with fitness/wellness reimbursement and commuter compensation
- An office in the center of NYC with great food (breakfast every Monday & Friday!), drinks, and team parties
Aircall is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome qualified applicants, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Members of communities historically underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply.