Director, Finance IT at Peloton
The Peloton Enterprise Systems team is seeking a talented and experienced IT Leader with an established record of success in both fast-growing startups and mature corporate organizations to support the Finance group, including Accounting, Revenue, Inventory, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Finance Operations. You will partner with Peloton’s Finance Leadership team to manage core service offerings including senior stakeholder business communications and coordination, project and program delivery, enhancements and operational support, change management, people management and continuous service improvement to these communities. Responsibilities also include management and alignment for strategic roadmaps, and service effectiveness KPIs.
You have career experience in the retail sector, create great relationships with your stakeholders, and have a bias for action. As well, you have a deep knowledge of accounting and revenue systems and practices. You understand all finance business processes, including Record to Report, Procure to Pay, and Order to Cash. You prefer Agile software methodology, and you can apply Waterfall when needed. You are familiar with the technologies that are currently in our infrastructure, including NetSuite, Coupa, Blackline, and Boomi. Preferably, you have been through an ERP reimplementation.
This role reports to the VP of Enterprise Systems who oversees the end to end IT activities for Business Solutions throughout the organization. The Director, Finance IT Operations will lead a nimble staff of IT employees and vendors through strategic initiatives, application assessments, and service / support management activities.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be a part of an evolving IT organization, a results-oriented and global organization with ownership over a portfolio that delivers direct value to these organizational stakeholders and Peloton overall. The ideal profile of this position calls for a flexible and well-rounded leader with strategic, operational and project management experience – someone who is self-motivated, detailed oriented, collaborative, and has strong customer relationship management capabilities.
- Partner with our Finance communities to drive our business and technology roadmaps forward, including being the primary point of contact for the CFO and Controller
- Effectively work seamlessly across Finance Operations, Technology, other internal functions, and external vendors
- Directly manage our team Finance IT analysts and developers. Manage team performance.
- Develop rolling 12 month strategic roadmaps to solve Finance’s pain points
- Ensure success of cross functional programs
- Communicate status to execs and director-level staff, and ensure alignment on priorities
- Scale Finance technology
- Oversee Finance-facing scrum teams.
- Form strong working relationships across the company: with Finance staff that run the core Finance processes locally, regionally and globally, and with your Peloton peers in IT and beyond
- Develop work plans and manage day-to-day team activities including analysis, recommendations and implementations
- Achieve effective use of outside vendors and ensuring the highest quality of service is being supplied. Maintain vendor relationships for all vendors in the Finance space
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders through effective communication, resulting in stakeholder buy-in
Basic Job Requirements
Education or Certifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in related field
- 5+ years of related experience in an IT or Finance Operations management position. 2+ years as a senior leader in a function
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in an IT or Finance Operations role responsible for driving global process and system change
- Proven ability and success in leading challenging technical, custom and package software implementation projects on a global level
- Experience in successfully implementing global change
- Successful track record of delivering global projects with measurable business impact
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven success in effective virtual team and people management
- Balance of strong business process knowledge and experience implementing mix of custom and package software to meet business needs
- Common knowledge of the software packages or like-software packages Peloton leverages is preferred. Peloton’s current software packages include: NetSuite, Concur, Coupa, and E2Open.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and / or Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
- Exposure to Jira, Confluence is a plus
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) – other language skills would be beneficial
- Prior global experience
- Some international travel as required to make global change initiatives successful