Director, Finance (Marketing) at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for an accomplished Director-level leader to join our finance organization.
As a senior leader on the finance team, you will partner with Squarespace's Chief Marketing Officer and their leadership teams by evaluating the financial impact of strategic opportunities aimed at growing our subscriber base. This strategic finance function is a newly formed team that sits within the FP&A organization.
You will report into our VP, Finance and be based in our New York headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Lead cross-functional teams to evaluate the financial impact of the the Marketing team’s short and long term strategic priorities and initiatives
- Act as a key business partner to business leaders and other stakeholders to provide strategic financial insights and recommendations
- Assist with building financial models for budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning related to strategic initiatives related to new revenue opportunities
- Build the financial planning, modeling, and results of all global sales and marketing efforts
- Support the monthly forecast, annual budget, and long-range planning processes for the Marketing
- Partner with our Media & Acquisition team to track media spend efficiency as measured by subscriber and revenue growth, analyzing attribution models and return on investments.
- Drive relevant sales and marketing metrics analysis to measure efficacy vs. plan and prior years
- Manage P&L projections for the global marketing organization with a high level of predictability, considering all operational aspects and their impacts on corporate financials
- Develop comprehensive financial models to improve decision-making
- Prepare executive level presentations with recommendations and summaries of financial results to the senior leadership team
- 15+ years of strategic finance leadership experience with at least five years partnering with marketing organizations. Digital marketing experience is a must.
- Saas-based technology company experience
- Demonstrated ability to construct acquisition models, develop strategic insights and analytics and present key findings
- Fundamental understanding of a subscription software-as-a-service business model
- Adept at leading the production of detailed financial modeling, scenario analysis, insight generation and strategic plans.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills including experience developing presentations for senior leaders
- Experience leading a team of strategic finance professionals
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.