Director, Financial Planning and Analysis at Paxos
At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access and participate in, and that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, and trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Societe Generale, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain and crypto technology.
The Director of FP&A Finance will be a business partner and manage the planning and forecasting processes at Paxos and lead complex financial modeling, controls and process improvement initiatives. The initial focus will be on headcount growth and associated budgets for talent acquisition, human resources and onboarding.
You will work closely with Accounting, Corp Development, Strategic Initiatives, Talent Acquisition and HR.
What you will do
- Build and lead the FP&A function
- Work closely with corporate development, strategy and accounting teams
- Drive company-wide strategic planning process to define financial targets and key business assumptions while developing thoughtful methodologies and applying financial rigor throughout the process - Oversees the capital allocation strategy including ROI
- The initial focus will be headcount growth, resource planning and associated operating expense budgets by business line and functional group
- Operating and hiring budget will include total compensation budgets for each designated hiring manager (base salary, benefits, and equity for new headcount)
- In addition to the operating budgets by business line, specific detailed quarterly budgets for talent acquisition, human resources
- Proactively advise the senior management team on the financial performance of the business
- Drive the annual planning and monthly forecasting processes, including on-going financial forecasts and long-term plans
- Build strong relationships with business groups and their leaders across the enterprise, and develop a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges and opportunities
- Logically structure complex issues and communicate conclusions and alternatives to a range of senior executives including the CEO
- Build detailed P&L-level models, run scenario analyses and perform ad-hoc analyses to assist executive management in making financing, budgeting and investment decisions
- Serve as a trusted, strategic finance partner to the leadership team in the areas of revenue forecasting, operating expenses, capital spend, ROI, operational efficiency, revenue growth, and profitability and help define and develop a 3-5 year operating plan
- Provide business case/ROI analysis to support investment/financial decisions
- Develop strong business relations and be a trusted advisor/business partner to the leadership team
- Establish credibility and build partnerships to better hold partners accountable by employing quantitative and qualitative approaches to decision framework
Education & Qualifications
- SaaS/Tech background in a fast-paced environment
- Experience building teams in a startup environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset, sense of urgency and impeccable work ethic
- Experience with total compensation planning
- Very deep and sophisticated financial modeling, pricing and deal review background, strong technical and analytical background and metric/data driven
- Superb communication and presentation skills including prep of executive decks
- Understanding of complex contracts and ability to formulate complex pricing strategies as part of deal negotiations and proposals
- A BA/BS degree in Finance or related field is required
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively increasing responsibilities in Finance/Financial Planning and Analysis with solid team management experience
- Strong P&L management background in the tech space
- Demonstrated proficiency in a quantitatively heavy position. Strong quantitative and analytical competency is necessary
- Thorough understanding of financial planning principles
- Superior Excel skills including logic function
- Understanding of financial statements
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication, sense of urgency as well as exceptional written skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Data driven and detail oriented, yet able to elevate to a strategic level
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with senior management (executive presence)
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 150 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like PayPal, Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
The Paxos Blog
Paxos Raises $142MM Series C
The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money