Director, FP&A - Technology and Product Business Partner at Yext
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Yext is looking for a collaborative and talented Director to join the FP&A team. This role will be dedicated to our Technology and Product senior leaders and business partners and will report to the Senior Director, FP&A. Yext’s FP&A team provides financial and analytical support to our internal customers and business leaders to ensure our business goals are met.
This role is perfect for a strategic thinking leader who will thrive on providing financial business support to senior leaders to ensure that financial decisions are well grounded.
- Serve as finance business partner for Technology and Product functions
- Identify, analyze, and lead productivity initiatives
- Provide variance analysis, forecasting/budgeting and business support
- Responsible for developing models for forecast, budget and forward looking analytics based on business metrics and KPIs
- Assess and analyze progress of business meeting productivity initiatives, report results, recommend course corrections where appropriate
- Work with business leadership to analyze business opportunities, process improvement programs and research of various industry/company trends
- Develop methodologies, dashboards and models for lines of business budgeting and reporting
- Collaborate with the Finance and Admin team on a variety of initiatives including the monthly close process
- Drive simplification and standardization across the various functions of the company
- Develop presentations and analytical material to be presented to senior and executive management
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field of study, MBA preferred
- 8+ years experience in Financial Planning and Analysis and/or relevant professional industry experience
- Technology/Product Finance experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential to interface with senior management on a regular basis
- Demonstrated leadership and partnering skills, including success in influencing outside of direct reporting line
- Strong statistical, analytical and quantitative skills
- Formal presentation skills to senior leadership
- Prior experience managing and developing a team
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Expert use of Excel and advanced in PowerPoint
- Experience with Anaplan preferred
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.