Director of FP&A at Reorg
Greater NYC Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 9:32 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, March 12, 2020
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks, and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
Reorg is looking for a Director of FP&A to join our growing company. This role will be largely focused on commercial finance and accordingly you will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Revenue Officer, Head of Product and the company’s Senior Business Leaders. You will have responsibility for revenue-based financial analysis including analyzing critical KPIs, tracking performance against financial targets, and helping drive sales operations initiatives. This is a unique role that will allow you to work cross-functionally and make an immediate impact in a lean, high-growth organization. This full-time position is located in our New York City offices.
- Support the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Revenue Officer, Head of Product and Senior Business Leaders in all aspects of commercial finance and business strategy
- Analyze and model key operating and financial data, build dynamic KPI trackers to assist the senior leadership team in strategic decision making
- Prepare detailed analyses to support major investment initiatives and track performance of those initiatives vs. plan
- Help lead initiatives to enhance FP&A across the commercial organization
- Assist in all aspects of the company's forecasting and budgeting process and compare detailed KPIs vs. actual performance
- Assist with other special projects across the organization (e.g. commission planning, sales territory planning, pricing and packaging strategy)
- 3+ years of experience in investment banking and/or private equity, or 5+ years of commercial FP&A experience
- Strategic thinker who is solution-oriented and able to independently come up with ideas and execute on projects with relatively limited guidance from senior leadership
- Self-starter who enjoys working cross-functionally and taking on a leadership role in projects that require coordination with multiple teams
- Highly proficient in excel with the ability to maintain and update complex KPI trackers and quickly build detailed financial models from scratch
- Previous budgeting and forecasting experience, especially at venture capital or private equity-backed companies, a plus
- Experience with TMT companies and/or subscription-based services a plus
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Read Full Job Description