Director, Global Payroll at Peloton
Peloton’s Director of Global Payroll will be responsible for overseeing employee payroll and related system/administrative functions to ensure accurate, timely and reporting of all wage and tax data in accordance with federal, state, and global regulations. The Director of Global Payroll will be responsible for developing and designing both process and systemic solutions to improve efficiencies within the payroll department and support operational needs.
- Oversees all aspects of payroll administration, timekeeping and scheduling systems, taxes and garnishments in a multi-state, global environment for approximately 2000+ employees. Payroll cycles include salaried employees, hourly employees, commission for sales leaders and bonuses.
- Leads a team responsible for critical payroll processes including: management and maintenance of ADP payroll tables; configuration and rules within the system; partnership with accounting on bank audits, reconciliation and compliance; partnership with external auditors and response to data and reports; cross-functional requests for analysis or reports; and responding to customer/employee inquiries.
- Establishes, maintains and manages processes and controls to avoid errors.
- Sets goals and standards for expected performance of payroll leaders and staff; mentors the team.
- Establishes and enforces customer service excellence to increase employee satisfaction and support all levels of management.
- Ensures processes are in place to facilitate the timely and accurate processing of all payroll changes (new employees, terminations, stock-based compensation income, etc.) in ADP Workforce Now and ADP Streamline.
- Partners with the business units and users to identify training and business operational needs and opportunities; captures business requirements and develops/designs system solutions.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates tasks with payroll leaders and staff to ensure timely and accurate payroll adjustments, payroll cycle, including incoming/outgoing interfaces, deductions, tax reporting, and funding.
- Manages expenses and budgets to ensure alignment with company business goals and objectives.
- Manages all system upgrades in conjunction with the team, implements new payroll-related modules; ensures integrity of all payroll related data through system audits, testing, application of system upgrades, bundles/fixes and tax updates.
- Partners with departments across the business to streamline cross-functional processes, identify improvement opportunities and resolve technical payroll system solutions.
- Manages third party vendor relationships and interfaces in partnership with Payroll Manager
- Supports People Systems/Benefits/Finance/M&A Teams on all ADP projects impacting payroll data.
- Partners with Compensation team on pay practice policies and implements/configures payroll system to accommodate pay programs.
- Maintains proper documentation and knowledge to successfully respond and comply with federal and state labor audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance preferred
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now and ADP Payroll required.
- Minimum ten years payroll management experience, preferably with a global public company.
- A strong understanding of equity compensation and how it impacts ordinary income and related tax withholdings.
- A track record or success mentoring and developing a payroll team.
- Eagerness to learn and being proactive in taking on new opportunities and challenges.
- Experience using Excel for analyzing data, including knowledge of pivots and common function.
- Proven experience with the integrations of payrolls resulting from the acquisition of new legal entities.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive, fast-paced environment with great accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic work environment with dedication to follow-through on all tasks and meeting deadlines is crucial.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service while exercising the highest level of confidentiality when dealing with employee information.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.