Director, Global Payroll at Gympass
GET TO KNOW US
We are on a mission to defeat inactivity! Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find their perfect fit among 800 different activities at over 50,000 fitness facilities across US, Europe, and Latin America. We increase the number of people exercising every day, helping them to become active and reach their goals. Let's help people get there together!
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are hiring a Director, Global Payroll to our Finance team in New York City!
- Plan and direct payroll processes, policies, and initiatives.
- Direct and audit payroll procedures to include earnings, garnishments, tax withholding, and absence processing globally.
- Identify and coordinate changes in policy and procedures governed by federal, state and local laws that affect the payroll, benefits and compensation functions.
- Determine and execute solutions to daily processing issues. Recommend system enhancements and assists in the development, testing and implementation of solutions.
- Lead team to respond to pay, benefit, payroll tax, and compensation inquiries from management, employees, and outside agencies
- Ensure payroll tax liability account reconciliations are maintained properly
- Responsible for ensuring annual payroll tax reconciliation is timely and accurate, compliance with filing returns and issuing W-2 forms.
- Develop documentation and train team on payroll and payroll tax.
- Lead sourcing, collaboration and evaluation of administrators, insurers, brokers and other outsourced service providers to ensure company interests are managed responsibly.
- Partner with Tax Function on all payroll tax related matters and General Accounting related to month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external customers to achieve business results.
- Execute ad hoc projects as directed by senior management.
WHO YOU ARE
- A dynamic leader with a minimum of 8-10 years payroll management experience in a global, multi-site, multi-state environment is required.
- Solid in-depth knowledge of compensation principles is required.
- You have prior work experience of HRIS, payroll systems and payroll tax filings is required. Experience with Workday and Cloudpay strongly preferred.
- Fluency in PC/ Excel spreadsheet skills.
- You have a strong leadership style, analytical mindset, are interpersonal and organized.
- One or more professional certifications preferred: CPP, CBP, CEBS, CCP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: health, dental and life insurance
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge. Competitive PTO starting on Day 1 and floating holiday in addition to 9 company-observed holidays
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family. 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT: We’ll support your efforts to continue your education.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass...Check out our new Instagram account! @gympasscareers
Gympass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.