Director of Growth, Revenue at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. We’ve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for a strategic business leader to drive and manage top-line revenue growth. You should be a self-starter with immense curiosity and strong analytical skills as well as an interest and/or background in e-commerce and direct-to-consumer sales.
As the Director of Growth, you will guide the strategy of both product and performance marketing initiatives that are catalysts for growth to achieve overall business goals. You will partner closely with cross functional teams across Product, Marketing, Finance, Analytics and Customer Experience to deliver a business roadmap that ladders up to our north star KPIs. This is a highly visible role in the consumer organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor e-commerce funnel performance along several dimensions (by program, by channel, by customer segment etc.) and maintain daily/weekly communication with revenue stakeholders, executive team and cross-functional partners
- Create and manage RTR’s year-round promotional strategy and partner with Finance team to build annual plans and quantify how business strategies deliver growth targets
- Continuously develop tactics to respond to business trends and facilitate cross-functional collaboration to achieve desired business goals
- Perform strategic analyses in partnership with Analytics and Finance teams to evaluate new revenue opportunities and innovations to the business model
- Iterate on the longer term business roadmap for Growth by taking into consideration demand trends and customer insights across both subscription and one-time rental businesses
- 7+ years experience with strong preference for background in consulting, investment banking/private equity or corporate strategy; experience in consumer retail and e-commerce will be a huge plus
- Data-driven and highly comfortable synthesizing data into insights and communicating them via presentations or briefs
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to manage high-performing teams that are cross-functional in nature
- Not afraid to challenge status-quo and champion new ideas and creative approaches to solving business problems
- Possess an entrepreneurial and founder mindset, ready to take on tasks outside of role with strong agility to change and to be flexible/resilient
- Ability to thrive and be resourceful in a fast-paced environment
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.