Director, Internal Audit at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the role:
As Director, Internal Audit, you will lead and coordinate the development and execution of risk-based internal audits of Angi’s businesses, including internal controls, risk management and compliance matters. You will take the lead in the scoping, planning, execution, quality assurance, report development and communication of audit results for Angi businesses, whether those be SOX assessments, compliance audits or operational audits. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to deliver superior, cost-efficient recommendations to improve and enhance Angi control environments which ultimately help us achieve our mission.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in the execution of the annual enterprise risk assessment and development of the annual internal audit plan.
- Plan and execute SOX and other internal audits, identify and research applicable technical issues, identify and assess risks, develop audit work programs and test plans, execute audit procedures and test steps, and document audit results.
- Track and manage Internal Audit’s status against scope and schedule.
- Draft formal reports and presentations to management outlining scope, objectives, procedures performed, and recommendations.
- Lead special assignments as determined by SVP, Internal Audit and other stakeholders.
- Routinely inform IA leadership of activities and any problems noted within audit areas.
- Keep up to date on industry and business trends significant to the profession and to Angi.
- Supervise, coach and develop members of the Internal Audit team in conjunction with the SVP, Internal Audit.
- Drive automation of the annual SOX assessment process, both in the configuration and use of AuditBoard SOXHUB, as the one version of the truth for internal audit artifacts and deliverables. This includes report design and system admin responsibilities.
- Evolve the team’s expertise to utilize analytics and other advanced audit techniques.
- Project-manage a complex, multi-layered assessment of internal control over financial reporting in concert with the SVP, Internal Audit, IA team members, related entities, and third-party service providers.
- Collaborate and partner with our businesses, as well as our external auditor, in order to maximize reliance and minimize risk.
- Simplify the communication of complex issues, as well as deliver convincing cases regarding the need to mitigate unacceptable risk exposures to various stakeholders. This includes facilitating consensus around evolving control and audit topics (e.g., MRC’s, IPE and IUC) and building practical, actionable, consistent standards of implementation.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred, advanced degree in MIS/CIS a plus.
- 8-10+ years Public Accounting and/or Internal Audit experience at a comparable online or technology public company.
- Direct experience leading audits of complex SOX 404 programs, including financial controls, entity level controls and IT general controls.
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Information Systems Auditor, and/or Certified Internal Auditor required.
- Meaningful financial substantive audit experience.
- Ability and willingness to be hands on throughout all internal audit processes.
- Excellent and convincing written, visual and communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills coupled with the ability to interact with management independently in execution of audits.
- Detail oriented and impeccable organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage through ambiguity.
- Enthusiastic and intellectually curious with effective critical thinking skills.
- High standard of ethics and professionalism.
- Experience with AuditBoard highly desired.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required; variable in frequency, generally 10-25% (dependent on your location)
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $140,000-$170,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world