Director, Internal Audit
In this role as Director of Internal Audit, you will be based in the New York Headquarters and report directly into Peloton Interactive’s Audit Committee and administratively to the CFO. You will have the primary responsibility of developing an internal audit strategy and building a team to execute effectively. Additionally, you will serve as a subject matter expert and business partner to internal Peloton leaders in developing best practices with regards to internal controls.
- Establish an internal audit function with initial emphasis on the Company’s compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”).
- Partner with the current third-party internal controls service provider to establish a SOX operating effectiveness testing program, evaluating control effectiveness and assessing/monitoring gaps and remediation efforts
- Drive Internal Audit's dynamic risk assessment and planning process; develop a risk-based internal audit plan that addresses operational, compliance and financial risks, while considering emerging risks and changes to the business
- Meet regularly with the Audit Committee to align on expectations, provide updates on the ongoing activities of Internal Audit and provide perspectives on key business issues and emerging risks
- Report significant issues and opportunities for improvement related to the Company’s business and IT processes and provide recommended actions
- Deliver clear and concise communication that identifies root cause analysis, provides actionable recommendations and adds value to management
- Coordinate with external auditors, business partners and Audit Committee to achieve above objectives
Perform other related special studies and projects as assigned.
- Develop broad relationships across the organization and provide ongoing proactive advice on risks and internal control
Perform administrative duties of the department including, but are not limited to, staffing, recruiting, training, budgeting, planning and scheduling.
- Develop and implement a resourcing plan including outsourcing options, as well as conduct related RFP processes.
- 10 years minimum experience in the Internal Auditing field
Bachelor’s degree /Accounting required
- Working knowledge of various IT systems - ERP systems and financial reporting systems (NetSuite a plus).
- Data analytics experience preferred
- Some degree of experience in Cyber risk assessments, and Business Continuity Program Audits
- Project management skills – effective consultation, interpersonal, prioritization of topics/issues and organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP; SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley
- CPA and/or internal audit credentials (CIA, CISA certification is a plus).
- Working knowledge of the COSO internal controls framework.
- Previous participation in existing internal audit programs for a public company is a plus
- Experience with audit software packages as audit tools is a plus.
- Experience with automated workflows, robotics process automation and visualization tools a plus
- An objective, independent, mature, unbiased individual with the highest integrity.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to assess risk, analyze the business/operating impact, and identify the root cause underlying deficiencies.
- Polished communication skills, including an ability to listen to the needs of the business units and comprehend complex matters. Articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, research complex matters, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written presentations.
- Ability to work effectively across the organization, effectively soliciting full cooperation and being accepted by business partners as a true value add.
- Excellent team player who works extremely well in a in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to influence, train, mentor and leverage the skills of others to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrate the highest professional and personal standards; has unquestioned integrity and business ethics; an objective, independent, mature, unbiased individual.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global technology company reinventing fitness by bringing the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. With more than 10,000 live and on-demand classes, taught by a roster of elite instructors, Peloton delivers real-time motivation and curated playlists from the world's best artists. Peloton is changing the way people get fit through a comprehensive and socially-connected experience that makes every workout both efficient and addictive. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Peloton’s investors include True Ventures, TCV, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBC Universal, and Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at onepeloton.com.