Director, Payments at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is looking for a Director to join us as we change the way we pay and make wallets a thing of the past. From seamless check-in to eliminating checkout, you’ll be the driving force behind our efforts to transform payments, specifically focusing on the biometric solutions we build for the physical world. You’ll help lead our business and product strategy, develop new use cases, pilot new solutions, build strategic partnerships and bring first-to-market experiences to airports, stadiums, retail and more.
A key member of the team reporting directly to the GM, Payments, we’re looking for a passionate payments guru who’s scrappy and excited to build this business from the ground up.
What You Will Do:
- Help lead the strategy, launch and expansion of CLEAR’s biometric payment solutions into new in-person use cases across verticals, from sports to travel to healthcare
- Shape CLEAR’s partner strategy for in-person payments: Identify and build relationships with the industry-leading payments partners you believe will set CLEAR up for growth and scale
- Lead the creation of first-of-a-kind, frictionless experiences like this by launching in-person payment pilots across a range of verticals and use cases
- Become CLEAR’s subject matter expert on in-person payments, comfortably navigating complex payments conversations with both business and technical stakeholders at all levels
Who You Are:
- 10+ years professional experience in the payments industry; product experience a plus; consulting, ops, and/or technical skill set appreciated
- A self-starter with a strong sense of urgency who’s excited to experience a start-up in hyper-growth
- Crave impact and have a track record of success at operationalizing new businesses and experiences
- Strong leadership skills with experience influencing and gaining credibility with experts across all business functions
- Thrive in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative environment
- Strong ability to prioritize and balance strategy with execution
- Sense of humility and a desire to roll up your sleeves
- Maintain a member-focused approach in everything you do
- Willingness to travel as required (likely up to 50% of the time)