Director Pricing & Profitability
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Risk Management team creates competitive advantage for OnDeck through excellence in risk/reward optimization while simultaneously exercising its function of control in a vigorous and diligent fashion. The Risk Management team develops strategies and models to extend credit in a profitable manner to small businesses and their owners based on a strong understanding of the behavioral and commercial drivers of its customers and on sophisticated analysis of data. As the control function of OnDeck, the Risk Management Team ensures that that the portfolio, policies, strategies, new product features or operational processes at OnDeck are consistent with the risk appetite set by the management team and the board.
As a Director of Pricing and Profitablity at OnDeck on the Risk team you will:
- Design and implement pricing strategies to optimize risk/reward tradeoffs for all of OnDeck’s lending products and services, including both those that are currently in market, and new products and services as they are introduced.
- Work cross-functionally with software development and core business teams to coordinate policy changes and rollouts.
- Monitor and evaluate the profit/loss impact of pricing policies, and use those lessons to inform continual improvement.
- Recruit and manage a team of pricing analysts to support hypothesis-driven data analysis and analysis-driven decision making.
- Where required, manage external consulting resources for analytical support.
- Develop tools and initiatives to gain insights into the impacts of rates, fees, and other pricing constructs on the behavior of OnDeck’s customers.
- Develop profitability measurement/predictive tools that supports the company’s in understanding/investing in segments in the portfolio.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- A strong analytical background with PhD level training in economics, behavioral science, or related field with quantitative focus (econometrics, applied statistics, or related). Professional experience in quantitative behavioral analysis may be sufficient in place of formal training.
- 15+ years of professional experience in financial services
- At least 5 years of professional experience managing teams, and developing and managing innovative customer-facing business strategies.
- Demonstrated aptitude with lifetime value estimation and unit economics tools.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Familiarity with analytical and causal inference techniques for experimental, quasiexperimental, and non-experimental data; comfort working with both small and very large datasets.
- Experience with hands-on leadership of projects involving R, Python, Stata, SAS, or other statistical computing tools.
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Experience with “agile software development” frameworks.
- Experience working with small business owners, or as a small business owner yourself.
- Experience with postgreSQL databases
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you:
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**