Director of Pricing Strategy & Operations at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 700 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Director, Pricing Operations & Strategy to lead the Pricing team with responsibility over Orchard’s policies, processes and strategies for pricing real estate. You will work closely with Orchard’s leadership team across the Field, Data Science, and Product departments to ensure Orchard is managing risk while rapidly growing the business. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience at a startup or fast-growing company managing teams and driving execution.
This is a full-time role that will report into the Head of Real Estate and be based out of one of Orchard’s growing markets.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Oversee the management of a team of Pricing Analysts and Associates moving Orchard’s Pricing discipline forward
- Build out and monitor KPIs, metrics, and SLAs that help attain Pricing’s mission of extreme speed and accuracy in all valuations
- Report to company leadership on monthly Pricing progress and all valuation-related risks -- achieving a high standard of execution and data-driven decision-making
- Continuously review the tooling, process, and policies behind all Pricing Team’s responsibilities to uncover opportunities to drive efficiency, conversion, and risk mitigation
- Join Orchard’s Risk Committee in charge of following market trends and reviewing all policies that could add/remove risk from the business as Pricing’s representative
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 7+ years of experience that includes familiarity with Real Estate Acquisitions, Risk Management, or Pricing functions. Preference for experience working at a tech or real estate company
- Strong people management skills to build, develop, manage, and drive a team’s performance through coaching and motivation
- Adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment with evolving priorities
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build new solutions
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done quickly and concisely
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain alignment across people at various levels and functions, including verbal and written communication skills with an eagerness to collaborate
- Adept with technology and experienced with analytics and reporting tooling
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.