Director, Revenue Accounting
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is seeking an experienced accounting professional to join our growing team. The Director, Revenue Accounting will be responsible for leading all aspects of the Company's revenue accounting function, including the adoption of ASC 606. In addition to managing other members of the revenue accounting team, the Director, Revenue Accounting will work cross-departmentally to build-out and improve key financial processes impacting the revenue accounting function. Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, this leader will be a true partner to the organization always approaching work with a lens of adding value to the company.
Yext is looking for a leader with a proven track record of creating and implementing new processes, controls and systems. These key skillsets will help drive efficiency and best practices in order to aggressively position Yext for global success that will benefit both shareholders and employees alike.
- Lead, train, coach and develop a growing revenue accounting team
- Lead revenue accounting team through ASC 606 adoption, including implementation of new accounting standard as well as process, controls and system changes
- Serve as an internal technical accounting expert for revenue accounting
- Manage the monthly close process related to revenue, deferred revenue and accounts receivable, including the timely completion of close items and analytical review
- Drive revenue recognition and monthly close process automation and achieve best in class close and reporting metrics
- Implement timely reporting and process improvements based upon industry trends, authoritative literature and business objectives
- Monitor relevant US GAAP and SEC developments to ensure revenue recognition policies and procedures are in compliance
- Work closely with IT development team to improve system processes and reporting outputs
- Help to develop trainings on revenue recognition rules, policies and practices to present to Sales and other departments within the organization
- Work with FP&A team to ensure accurate revenue forecasts under ASC 606
- Mange all revenue recognition matters with the external audit firm and internal audit for quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Maintain controls and assist in the automation of those controls
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- 10 - 15+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience, minimum of 4 years must be within revenue accounting, or similar position in a high-growth technology company registered with the SEC
- Strong team leader with experience building, managing and developing a global team
- Comprehensive knowledge of ASC 606, with SaaS experience preferred
- Proven project management skills with a focus on timeliness and high quality results
- Effective problem solving, methodical, detail-oriented, innovative, and highly analytical
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- A multi-tasker with the ability to efficiently work in a fast paced, rapidly growing and changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
- Experience with a Big 4 firm
- SEC reporting (10-K, 10-Q) experience
- Experience with RevPro, Zuora and Netsuite
- Experience in a multi-country/currency environment
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.