Director of SEC Reporting and Accounting Policy
Responsible for financial reporting and technical accounting throughout the Company to ensure compliance with US GAAP, SEC reporting and Section 404 of Sarbanes – Oxley.
- Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer; ownership of and maintaining a strong external reporting environment in keeping with the requirements of a publicly traded company.
- Preparation and review of SEC filings including but not limited to Form 10-K, 10-Q, annual reports to shareholders with related footnotes and schedules.
- Assistance with quarterly and annual Earnings Release, Investor Decks and other outside communications as appropriate.
- Perform technical accounting analyses and resolution of complex accounting transactions. Oversee implementation of new accounting standards (i.e., lease accounting standard).
- Remain current with the latest developments in accounting and financial reporting.
- Collaborate closely with other departments and functions to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reporting and disclosure.
- Interface with Internal and External audit, legal, tax and valuation specialists.
- Assistance with statutory reporting and employee benefit plan financial statement preparation.
- Ownership of Equity Compensation accounting and reporting and assistance with maintenance of Equity Compensation portal.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years of progressive experience preparing and reviewing SEC filings, resolving and documenting complex technical accounting transactions and ensuring compliance with US GAAP and SOX.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis or major in Accounting.
- Public Accounting (Big 4 preferred) with a combination of Corporate Accounting experience strongly desired.
- CPA certification preferred, with continued training to remain current with accounting standards.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills including experience preparing detailed technical accounting memos in support of the application of accounting principles to the Company’s business activities.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate with peers, subordinates and executive management.
- Track record of working under deadlines in a fast-paced environment, adapting to changing priorities and accomplishing objectives.
- Ability to work independently and lead projects, establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior management and key external relationships.
- Proficient computer skills in the Windows operating system, including both word-processing and spreadsheet applications are required.
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace for creative professionals to license content - including images, videos, and music - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
The company has expanded its portfolio to include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; as well as Offset, a high-end image collection.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com, follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebookand Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V