Director, SEC Reporting at Gympass
GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We’re looking for a talented Director, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting to join our Finance team. You will manage the preparation and filing of our financial reports with the SEC, maintain our global accounting policies and analyze emerging U.S. GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements.
- Manage the preparation and filing of Forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K (earnings releases) with the SEC.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the company's financial statements in accordance with the U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting standards, including preparing financial statements, drafting disclosures and MD&A for both annual and quarterly financial statements.
- Prepare and manage the quarterly and annual SEC reporting with appropriate calendar, including coordination with external auditors, executives, finance, legal and investor relations departments, for the non-financial sections of SEC Forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K, review XBRL tagging of financial statements and footnotes.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal controls surrounding the preparation and filing of SEC documents.
- Stay current on all U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements and proactively analyze emerging accounting and reporting trends and their implications to Gympass.
- Lead the disclosure committee, including presenting the financial statement impact of financial reporting developments, technical accounting matters and driving interdepartmental collaboration.
- Coordinate with both internal and external auditors.
- Partner with other teams / departments on special projects and ad-hoc requests.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is preferred
- 8+ years experience in SEC reporting and public company experience required, with a combination of Big 4 public accounting and public company industry experience preferred.
- Strong U.S. GAAP, SEC regulatory acumen, technical accounting knowledge, and understanding of financial reporting requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Flexible, with a desire to work in a fast growing, exciting and agile business.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: health, dental, and life insurance
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge. Competitive PTO starting on Day 1 and floating holiday in addition to 9 company-observed holidays
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family. 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass...follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers, Facebook “Life at Gympass” and LinkedIn!
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.