Director of SEC Reporting
Fluent is a fast growing and successful Company that is revolutionizing online advertising. Named one of Crain's "Best Places to Work" 6 years running we are continuously moving forward, faster and wiser. Fluent is the Industry leader in customer acquisition and digital consumer engagement. Our proprietary ad serving technology and extensive publisher network enables marketers to acquire the best customers, with precision, at a massive scale. Leveraging big data and real-time interaction with consumers, Fluent has powered billions of profitable marketing opt-ins on behalf of more than 500 leading brands since its inception.
As our Director of SEC Reporting you will support Fluent (NASDAQ: FLNT) as we build a scalable infrastructure with effective, accurate and timely SEC reporting, strong internal controls and sustainable processes critical to the growth of our growing public company.
You will report to our Controller and have significant responsibility for critical support areas, including, but not limited to:
- Full cover-to-cover preparation of all our quarterly and annual SEC reporting;
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, equity statement, cash flow and disclosures), fluctuation analyses and MD&A;
- Research, interpretation and preparation of technical accounting position papers on pronouncements relevant to our Company;
- Lead the design and implementation of key processes that govern our non-routine accounting transactions and SEC compliance, such as share-based compensation;
- Serve as the subject matter in the review and interperteation of relevant GAAP pronouncements;
- Review 8-K filings and press releases;
- Special projects, as they arise.
We are a growing and entrepreneurially spirited public company, so strong attention to detail, performance consistency, leadership and the desire to thrive in a highly collaborative work environment are critical attributes for your success.
- At least eight years of progressive, relevant and hands-on experience, which must include full preparation of Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Excel and Workiva.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, with experience researching technical accounting issues and preparing position papers;
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance-related field of study;
- A CPA designation is highly preferred;
- Experience working with in-house counsel and law firms, auditors and tax advisors
At Fluent, we like what we do and we like who we do it with. Our team is a tight-knit crew of go-getters; we love to celebrate our successes! In addition to two fully-stocked kitchens, catered breakfast and lunch, and free workout classes on site, our office manager keeps the calendar stocked with activity-filled events. When we’re not eating, working out, or planning parties, Fluent folks can be found participating in recreational sports leagues, networking with She Runs It, and bonding with teams during quarterly outings to baseball games, fancy dinners, and pizza-making classes. And we have all the practical benefits, too…
- Competitive salary
- Discounted gym memberships
- Ample career and professional growth opportunities
- Open office space for team collaboration
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with generous employer match
- The amazing opportunity to work for a high-flying performance marketing company!
No telephone inquiries or recruiters please.
Fluent participates in the E-Verify Program. As a participating employer, Fluent, LLC will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Fluent, LLC follows all federal regulations including those set forth by The Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices (OSC). The OSC enforces the anti-discrimination provision (§ 274B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b.