The Director of Strategic Finance - FP&A role is perfect for a versatile, driven individual with high intellectual horsepower, exceptional quantitative skills, keen attention to detail, and well-honed business judgment.
This role will serve as a key member of the finance team and act as a strategic partner to senior management. The successful candidate will be hands-on and will lead efforts to support the business in strategic decision-making, strategic initiatives, budgeting and forecasting, operating and long-range plans and reporting.
In this role, you will be responsible for working through complex questions in areas like customer acquisition, LTV & margin optimization, new market selection & launch, and future fundraising, among others.
- Work cross functionally with our business leaders to ensure informed decision-making
- Answer high priority analytical questions to drive better understanding of business value drivers and identify areas of opportunity
- Lead reporting on business and financial performance including analysis of drivers of change
- Own, build, improve, and enhance financial and operational models
- Develop board-level and company-wide presentations & memos
- Provide significant support to our monthly, quarterly, and annual financial planning, analysis, and budgeting processes
- Play a key role in planning for future debt and equity financing rounds
- Bachelors from a top-tier institution and track record of strong academic performance; MBA or advanced degree preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience across financial planning and analysis, management consulting and/or investment banking with minimum of 3 years in financial planning and analysis
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel, including strong financial modeling & analysis skills
- Strong analytical background, including the ability to break down and work through complex problems in a structured manner, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Ability to tell a persuasive story and convey information in a digestible format, including experience developing board-level presentations and memos self-sufficiently
- Enthusiastic teamwork and collaboration; personable and approachable
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects
- Actively and constantly learn on your own - we love to teach, but you’re also expected to figure out solutions and ask for help proactively
- Inspire and motivate team members and are able to translate business goals into priorities and individual performance measures aligned with goals
About Great Jones:
Great Jones brings ease and performance to rental ownership and living, starting by reinventing property management for the several trillion (!) dollars in rental homes owned by small-scale investors.
We’re replacing an experience that has historically been heavily operational, low-tech, and stressful with one delivered through modern software, thoughtful experience design, real benefits of scale, and the right blend of local & centralized operations.
By providing a seamless, full-service experience for owners and residents, we aim to make ownership worry-free and more profitable for the 25 million Americans who own rental homes. In doing so, we become the operating system around our owners’ most valuable investments, as well as our residents’ homes.
And we’re doing this within an enormous addressable market, with highly attractive unit economics, where competition is deeply fragmented and notorious for subpar service.
We are growing rapidly with nationwide expansion on deck -- headquartered in Manhattan with on-the-ground operations in 20 markets across 9 states.
Our leadership team has built digital platforms and operational machines that have powered hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of transactions for marketplace businesses like 1stdibs, Skillshare, and Warby Parker.
We’ve raised over $30 million (including our recently closed Series B) from top investors including Crosslink Capital, Navitas Capital, Zigg Capital, Juxtapose, and top NYC angels & real estate entrepreneurs including Kevin Ryan, David Rosenblatt, and Jason Finger, who have founded or led companies such as Seamless, Gilt Groupe, MongoDB, DoubleClick, 1stdibs, Floored, and others.