Director, Tax at Peloton
The Director of Tax will be responsible for Peloton Interactive’s tax compliance, accounting for income taxes and disclosure, sales and use taxes and special projects as necessary. The Director of tax will work with internal business partners including the finance organization, third party tax professional service providers and other tax professionals including the external auditor to carry out their responsibilities. The Director of Tax will report to the Global Controller and be located at the Company’s headquarters in New York.
This position will help develop best practices initially in terms of the tax provision, sales and use tax as well as miscellaneous business tax compliance. Success in this role is dependent on leadership, communication, organization/people development, hands-on approach, process improvement, strategic execution and ability to perform in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Lead and continue to develop tax capabilities (including certain international territories) for a fast-paced, rapidly growing company
- Accounting for income taxes in the US and international subsidiaries
- Establish and maintain formal tax policies, practices, procedures and internal controls to ensure US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Monitor company's transfer pricing policies, management fee arrangements and related documentation
- Oversee tax matters related to foreign operations (income tax, VAT, withholding tax, etc.)
- Monitor legislative changes in US and foreign tax laws that may impact company's tax positions, including tax accounting implications
- Manage audits of federal and state income tax as well as state and local filings
- Manage outside tax consultants and advisors
- Oversee and/or complete special projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 7 years of corporate tax experience
- Public company multi-national corporation experience is preferred
- Public accounting firm experience (i.e. Big 4) is a plus
- Proficiency with corporate tax provision
- A solid understanding of corporate tax concepts applicable to domestic and foreign operations.
- Proven success in developing and leading a team of people using a collaborative management style in a public company environment
- Excellent planning, analysis and execution skills
- Adept at prioritization, responsiveness and understanding sense of urgency. Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and processes simultaneously
- Experience with automated workflows, robotics process automation and visualization tools a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global technology company reinventing fitness by bringing the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. With more than 10,000 live and on-demand classes, taught by a roster of elite instructors, Peloton delivers real-time motivation and curated playlists from the world's best artists. Peloton is changing the way people get fit through a comprehensive and socially-connected experience that makes every workout both efficient and addictive. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Peloton’s investors include True Ventures, TCV, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBC Universal, and Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at onepeloton.com.