Director of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting at Via
Via is looking for a Director of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting who will lead the effort to build our SEC reporting function from the ground up. You will help us implement the systems and processes to allow us to operate at a public company standard. A successful candidate will be a motivated, organized, self starter with strong project management skills and a proven record of success working in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Establish the SEC Reporting function. Evaluate and implement systems, processes and procedures to support the transition from a Pre-IPO Company to a public company.
- Collaborate cross functionally on to build SEC reporting processes that will ensure accurate and timely reporting of required filings and disclosures.
- Draft and coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual SEC disclosures for MD&A and financial statement footnotes as required in Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K earnings releases and other SEC filings.
- Stay current on new and proposed accounting standards and SEC requirements to understand the impact on the Company. Be the leader in driving adoption and implementation of these standards in accordance with stated timelines.
- Prepare and maintain the Company’s technical accounting white papers on significant accounting areas, as well as the Company’s accounting policy manuals.
Who You Are:
- At least 10 years of experience with a mix of working at a top tier public accounting firm and an in-house SEC reporting role, ideally at a SaaS or technology company.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP applicable to the technology industry
- Organized and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility
- Strong executor; people think of you as someone who delivers. You get the job done, while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with a CPA certification
What Catches Our Eye:
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP and SEC Reporting requirements
- Experience in implementing new systems or processes
- You don't shy away from a challenge, and are excited to build something from scratch.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.