Director, Treasury & Procurement at Squarespace
Squarespace is seeking an experienced and highly motivated professional to serve as its first ever Director of Treasury & Procurement. In this role, you will be reporting directly to our Chief Financial Officer and working closely with the Accounting, Tax, Legal, Internal Controls and FP&A teams to optimize banking operations, enhance cash flow forecast and visibility, evolve hedging strategies, manage investments, and set the appropriate capital structure. In addition to your Treasury responsibilities, you will also be responsible for all aspects of the procurement process across the entire company.
You will be based in our New York City headquarters.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Build out defined processes for both day-to-day treasury operations and strategic treasury functions
- Execute debt capital transactions in partnership with legal counsel
- Oversee day-to-day cash and investment activities to ensure the company maintains proper liquidity
- Partner with the FP&A and Accounting teams to improve accuracy of cash flow forecast
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal controls
- Analyze key treasury metrics (cash forecast models, fluctuating cash needs, risk, etc)
- Own all Treasury-related SOX controls
- Lead all aspects of the investment portfolio to ensure compliance with investment policy
- Oversee bank account management and credit card programs
- Lead the implementation of Treasury systems as needed
- Assess risk around cash management, banking systems, and funding processes
- Work with the External Reporting team on footnotes and disclosures for Treasury investment sections of the Company’s filings
- Assist with the intercompany settlement process
- Build and develop a small yet growing Treasury organization
- Partner with legal and tax to optimize inter-company structure and transactions
- Build and manage the Procurement team and function
- Partner with the Legal team to create procurement policies and procedures and influence adoption and adherence to policies
- Establish metrics to include cost savings and avoidance, policy compliance, purchase order cycle time, and supplier compliance.
- Negotiate competitive pricing and volume discounts for long-term contracts and service-level agreements
- Manage and monitor internal controls over vendor compliance, purchase order/requisitions and disbursements, including enterprise compliance with SOX.
- Minimum of 12 years of combined management experience in treasury/cash management/procurement with a Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or accounting
- Experience influencing senior management teams, strong executive presence
- The ability to develop strong relationships across the organization, as well as with external stakeholders
- A high degree of ethics and professionalism with the ability to handle confidential information
- Experience building and leading high-performing teams
- Exemplary written, verbal, and presentation skills; adapt communication style to the appropriate audience
- Demonstrated ability to execute strategy to solve ambiguous and complex problems
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.