Director, Treasury at Better
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity
Our Accounting and Finance team is hiring for a proactive and motivated Director, Treasury. This individual will oversee corporate liquidity, cash flow, and risk management related to the company's financial activities. This role offers the unique opportunity to directly impact Better’s cash management and control environment. Reporting to our VP, Corporate Controller, this person will be an instrumental hire as the company continues to scale and will be expected to take on more responsibility at a rapid pace.
Responsibilities will include:
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and funds available for investment.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Oversee operational cash management process such as payments and bank reconciliations.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Monitor third parties handling outsourced treasury functions on behalf of the company.
- Advise management on the liquidity aspects of its short and long-range planning.
- Oversee the extension of credit to customers and Credit from Vendors.
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities.
- A degree in accounting, economics, business, or finance
- 5+ years of treasury experience
- Experience at a fast-growing startup preferred
- Strong understanding of derivatives, hedging, investments and bank account management
- Strong understanding of Accounting and FP&A
- Experience working with large data sets, expertise with Excel
- Experience with large scale ERP’s
- Project management experience, either internally or with clients