About Galaxy Digital
Galaxy Digital is a diversified financial services firm dedicated to the digital asset, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology industry. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, Galaxy Digital is a publicly listed company on the TSX and operates five synergistic business lines: Trading (arbitrage, macro, market making/OTC), Asset Management (passive and active strategies, including venture capital), Principal Investing, Investment Banking Services (capital markets and M&A) and Mining (proprietary mining and mining finance). Galaxy Digital’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of institutional veterans focused on this high-growth, technology-driven space. The company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Chicago, the Cayman Islands (registered office) and New Jersey.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience in an analytical role, with a strong financial services background and who has a deep understanding of financial service firms balance sheets. The incumbent will be responsible for helping design, maintain and update various financial models to help Galaxy: (1) understand its liquidity position daily and through the financial statement close process; (2) track compliance with various reporting requirements; and (3) create forward looking projections to assist various business heads with strategy planning. The candidate will help drive the analyses surrounding ’40 Act Compliance implications that will become an input into the Company’s decision-making process when setting up new businesses/strategies.
- Design and maintain daily/weekly/monthly balance sheet models which integrate with Galaxy’s trading records
- Monitor the Company’s compliance with ’40 Act requirements, update testing models and opine on Company decisions and related ’40 Act implications
- Design models showing Galaxy’s cash and liquidity to support the CFO and COO
- Handle covenant monitoring and reporting for exchangeable notes issued by Galaxy
- Provide ad hoc analyses to support the CFO and Director, Finance
- Work to improve the efficiency of processes through automation
- 10+ years’ experience
- Experience building/maintaining financial models, projections and a deep understanding of balance sheet mechanics
- Intellectually curious self-starter, comfortable ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
- Strong appetite for problem solving in a high growth business
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience with ’40 Act testing within a financial services firm
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Galaxy Digital seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or pregnancy), sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, arrest or conviction record, his or her sexual and other reproductive health decisions, or other protected status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.