Compass, headquartered in NYC, is building the most advanced real estate technology in the world. Founded in 2012, Compass operates in 10 markets across the country with over 2,200 real estate agents nationwide. With support from top investors such as Softbank, Fidelity, Wellington, and IVP, Compass is experiencing hyper-growth and helping everyone find their place in the world.
As Equity Administrator, you will be an integral member of our dynamic and growing Finance team and will assume responsibility for administering our capitalization table and equity incentive programs. You will ensure accurate and timely tracking of plan participants, report on YTD numbers, and be the first point of contact for agent inquiries.
At Compass You Will
- Join a cohesive, rapidly growing team
- Help create a world class equity program at Compass.
- Maintain the roster of participating agents and employees in our equity programs
- Create a process for onboarding new participants and ensuring that all relevant paperwork is created and executed in a timely manner
- Liaise with regional finance associates to ensure that activity is being properly recorded according to the participant’s elections
- Act as a first point contact for inbound inquiries regarding participant eligibility, vesting schedules, and the exercise process.
- Process option exercises in compliance with current rules and regulations
- Develop communications and educations materials to address employee inquiries
- Maintain database integrity and ensure accuracy of recordkeeping of equity data using Shareworks
- Assist in the creation of stock-based compensation expense reports, forecasts and analyses
- Assist with the stockholder’s equity rollforward and plan reconciliation
- Create operating metrics and reporting to be shared with senior leadership
What We're Looking For
- BA or BS degree
- Two to three (2-3) years of experience in public accounting, preferably with experience working on equity instruments
- Prior experience managing an equity program
- Experience using Solium a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability and desire to roll up sleeves and be hands-on
- Positive, cooperative attitude; ability to work with multiple teams simultaneously, both internal and external
- Self-starter, positive attitude, zero ego, and ability to problem-solve with minimal supervision
- Strong quantitative skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Impeccable attention to detail and solid customer service instincts