Finance and Operations Associate at Imagen Technologies
Imagen is extending the frontiers of medicine and artificial intelligence (AI) to improve human well-being.
In the short-term we are building state-of-the-art AI systems to reduce diagnostic errors and improve patient outcomes. Over the long-term, we are conducting research to find the next set of breakthroughs at the intersection of AI and medicine to transform early disease identification and management.
We’re a team of leading scientists, engineers, clinicians, and industry professionals from some of the top healthcare and technology organizations across the globe. Our management is comprised of personnel from Bridgewater Associates, Allen & Company, Marianas Fund Management, and Ospraie Management. Our clinical team is comprised of radiologists and surgeons from Mayo Clinic, Stanford Hospital, Hospital for Special Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital, and others. Imagen’s technical team is comprised of machine learning PhDs and engineers with extensive experience doing research and building technology and products at world-class organizations.
We were founded in 2016 and have raised over $60M from leading venture capitalists, hospitals and health systems, and technology entrepreneurs. Our institutional investors include Google Ventures and DFJ.
The Operations department at Imagen is a lean, mission-critical group responsible for supporting the organization with a broad range of functions including finance, equity management, investor relations, legal, regulatory compliance, facilities, business intelligence, and insurance. Operations keeps the company running by designing and executing most business functions, in addition to tackling special projects for senior management. This role will work across most or all functions described above to support the VP of Operations, who in turn reports directly to the Co-Founders and Co-CEOs.
- Managing all finance and equity work across the organization, including budgeting, AP/AR, tax, banking, cap table management, and overseeing audits
- Creating external-facing materials for key stakeholders in the organization, including the Co-CEOs
- Assessing, contracting with, onboarding and managing vendors ranging from accountants and investment managers to landlords and cleaning staff, often without supervision
- Working with internal business leaders and subject matter experts (including AI scientists, engineers, and radiologists) to design the tools and processes needed to accomplish their business goals
- 3-5 years of experience in high caliber business environments including investment banking, private equity, consulting, or high-growth startups
- Highly organized and can successfully manage multiple work streams across different functions
- Strong quantitative and verbal skills with high attention to detail and low tolerance for failure
- Excellent communicator with the ability to explain your processes, logic, and decisions
- Possess a "no job is too big or too small" mentality in order to support the various needs of the business
This role is based in New York, NY