Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About This Position:
We’re seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Finance Associate to support our Finance team. You should have an understanding of our company’s business as well as a basic understanding of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and revenue. You should be able to work cross-functionally with multiple departments to help improve processes and communicate company policies. Ideal candidates will be a team player with a positive, proactive attitude who can handle a demanding workload in a rapidly growing environment.
- Assist with the month end close process as well as with the year end audit
- Own the Accounts Payable process, from processing invoices into our Netsuite accounting system to obtaining proper approvals and responding to all vendor inquiries
- Work with the various sales teams to ensure accurate billing
- Regularly follow up with customers on payment statuses to ensure timely collections
- Review all employee expenses in accordance with the company’s expense policy
- Work with the Finance Manager and Director of Finance on account analysis and process improvement
- Support and handle the overall details of the company’s accounting and financial needs
- Other ad hoc requests
- 1-3 years of experience working in accounting/auditing
- A solid understanding of GAAP and other financial concepts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Google Suite Products (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail, Google Calendar, etc)
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite a plus)
- Detail-oriented, organized and has excellent follow through skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent communicator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or relevant field
- CPA not required, but is a plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description