BuzzFeed is looking for a thoughtful, articulate, and detail-oriented person to serve as a Finance Associate. You will support our Finance Team with FP&A requirements across several divisions. You will also focus on strategic projects and operational implementations throughout the Company.
You will help manage the multiple division’s expenses, guide discussions with senior managers across the divisions, and evaluate/implement strategic operational projects for top management.
This is a dynamic role within the finance department, and comes with abundant learning opportunities. You will report to the Director of Finance and will have many opportunities to work with BuzzFeed’s top management. This is an ideal position for someone who has gained finance experience in corporate finance or development, consulting and strategy, and is now looking for ways to apply those skills.
- Create analyses that guide financial strategic decisions, including the ability to forecast and pace revenue to highlight areas of risk and opportunity
- Lead ad-hoc strategic analyses, developing insights that support business initiatives by working with business leaders
- Evaluate and develop business cases to support new product launches
- Help establish relevant, operating metrics; track goals, macro and micro market trends, and operating metrics
- Review and manage the budgets and forecasts across multiple divisions, and support their strategic planning processes
- 3+ years of Finance Experience at a top investment bank, consulting firm, valuation/transactional services arm of a top accounting firm
- Strong quantitative and excel financial modeling skills
- Experience with financial statements and quantitative performance metrics
- Ability to communicate with Senior Leadership, and influence and guide change through value added input
- High level of attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple work streams while making sure all analysis is error free
- Ability to manage analysts and associated daily responsibilities
- Self-starter with experience identifying opportunities and working on essential projects
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. We aim to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.