What You'll Achieve:
- Manage monthly close processes including; general ledger review, journal preparations, and analysis and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Reconciliation of IC transactions.
- Oversee A/P and A/R activity and manage cash flow report on a daily and monthly basis including future cash flow projections.
- Liaise with external CPA firm to complete the annual audit, financial statement and income tax return preparation, and ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Strategically recommends internal controls and assists in the preparation of various internal documents and policies to maximize return and limit risk.
- Prepares individual company’s and consolidated financial and management reports, including monthly and annual financial statements.
- Proactively reviews and timely proposes changes in the company’s CoA, cost centers, budget departments, if necessary.
- Tracks the latest legislative changes, applicable to our operations and communicates them with executives in a timely manner.
- Manage, prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements including KPI metrics to the executive team.
- Takes active role in the preparation, tracking and update of the company’s budget, including analysis of operating results and deviations. Proactively suggests corrective activities and communicates them with the budget owners.
- Take active part in updating, enhancing and analyzing the company’s financial model.
- Within a year and beyond...
- Attend management meetings and help make financial decisions that impact the business.
- Work with management to create financial packages for the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a CPA strongly preferred.
- 3-6 years of related experience.
- Audit experience preferredGood understanding of accounting principles and GAAP.
- Solid foundation working with Excel with the ability to do vlookups and create pivot tables.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Driven and self-motivated
- Quickbooks experience
- FP&A experience
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and health coverage
- Meaningful equity
- 401k with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Choice of hardware
- Gym membership
- Daily lunch
- A variety of snacks and drinks
- The ability to change the landscape of office work
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
- HyperScience does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at HyperScience prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. HyperScience is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
HyperScience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HyperScience complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.