We're Brigit, a financial health app for the everyday American. By using cash flow data to automate finances, not only do we help people today, but also empower them to start saving for tomorrow and permanently transform their financial future. Brigit analyzes data from billions of individual bank transactions and formulates a deep understanding of each member’s cash-flow mismatches and spending habits. Using that data, we're able to send no-fee predictive advances and help millions of Americans avoid late payment fees, predatory overdraft fees, and interest rates. Our initial product is focused on disrupting the predatory $44 Billion payday loan and overdraft market and our future products will continue to empower and improve the lives of over 100M underserved Americans!
Brigit is looking for a Finance Manager, reporting to our VP of Finance, to join our fast growing team. You will be performing a variety of financial activities including budgeting, forecasting, building, and modeling business scenarios to help us make strategic company decisions.
We are looking for an agile team player who enjoys working cross-functionally with different parts of the organization and thrives in an environment where you’ll wear multiple hats – financial model guru, internal consultant and business strategist (to name a few!). This highly visible position will work closely with a number of business functions to ensure that Brigit’s corporate objectives are met.
What You'll Do
- Assist the VP of Finance manage all aspects of accounting and finance including planning, reporting, capital markets, treasury, expense management, and AP
- Build and maintain financial models for the company as a whole as well for departments and strategic initiatives
- Help lead the FP&A function of the company
- Collaborate with key partners to identify opportunities and improve business results by developing financial models for a range of potential strategic and operational cases
- Lead and accelerate the financial close process and month-end reporting
- Maintain reporting and covenant compliance for credit facilities
- Be a key contributor to Board of Director material; including assisting with monthly board reporting on the financial performance of Brigit and presentation of financial KPIs
- Work with the finance team on business development opportunities, strategic partnership, and M&A opportunities
- Prepare insightful financials and operational analytics/commentary to discuss, decide and support company plans and financial decisions
- Be a key team member in construction, shaping and building investor materials to highlight business performance, strengths and opportunities in a powerful way
Who You Are
- 5+ years of industry experience with at least 3 in an investment banking or strategic finance role
- A bachelor's Degree in business administration, finance or accounting, or related field; an MBA, CFA or CPA certification preferred but not required for the right candidate
- Ability to expertly build, navigate through, and maintain complex financial models
- Expertise in either MS Office suite of products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), or Google suite of products (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- An ability to create structure out of ambiguity and boil down complexity into simple and easy-to-understand recommendations
- You’re result-oriented, hands-on, highly motivated, and autonomous
- You bring a demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and reporting challenges
- Experience in a fast-paced consumer finance or fintech environment strongly preferred
We're backed by leading VC's, including DCM, Canaan Partners, NYCA, and a number of the world's most influential social impact investors. If autonomy, ownership and having a meaningful say in the direction of the Company you work for is important to you, then come join our growing team!
Our Benefits & Team
Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
Day 1 benefit coverage for health, dental, and vision
Offer competitive paid parental leave policy
Dog friendly office
Employee wellness initiatives
Monthly phone/internet reimbursements
At Brigit, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Read Full Job Description