Finance & Strategy Analyst at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
The Finance & Strategy team plays a critical role in analyzing and implementing The Trade Desk’s financial and strategic initiatives. The Finance & Strategy Analyst will join a lean team, headed by the SVP of FP&A to assist in modeling, analysis, project management and presentation of critical company operating data. We are looking for a self-starter who not only possesses brilliant analytical skills but also communicates findings confidently and articulately to a wide variety of stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build and maintain complex company operating models with multiple scenarios to evaluate hiring, investment and other operational initiatives
- Collaborate with the FP&A team and department / regional heads to facilitate short- and long-term budgeting and reporting processes
- Summarize key findings into clear and concise presentations to executives and other key business personnel
- Collaborate with various finance, operations, and client services teams to investigate strategic initiatives and use quantitative analysis to support executive decision-making processes
- Prepare materials for financial review meetings, highlighting variances to forecasts and using insights to drive forecasting improvements and operating decisions
- Perform financial due diligence for various corporate finance transactions
- Identify key performance metrics and design reports and dashboards to track insights and drive operating decisions
- Create presentations for Board of Directors’ meetings, investor presentations, and other high-profile meetings
- Assist the Investor Relations team with a range of activities, as needed
- Continuously take on additional responsibility to improve processes, reporting and procedures, and take on other duties as needed to assist the team
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable field (finance, accounting, economics, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in a sophisticated financial role (investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or corporate finance)
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and accounting concepts
- Proven track record of building meaningful financial models and ad hoc analyses to distill complex problems into digestible insights
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal), with the ability to present to senior management in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and prioritize tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional analytical acumen & attention to detail
- Experience in digital media, internet or data companies preferred
- Strong business sense, with the ability to understand changing industry forces and focus on relevant KPIs
- Experience with or interest in learning database (SQL, Vertica, etc.), data visualization software (Tableau, etc.) and financial planning software (Oracle)
- High personal and professional integrity, with a willingness to dig into anything and everything to support the business
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.