Finance & Strategy Manager
What You'll Achieve:
- Within the first 60 days:
- Understand the existing accounting processes across the company.
- Dive into our current financial model and identify improvement ideas.
- Review existing budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Oversee monthly close processes for all entities, including but not limited to general ledger review, journal preparations, consolidation, and analysis and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Manage cash flow reporting, including future projections, and oversee A/P and A/R activity
- After 60 days and beyond:
- Help make financial decisions that impact the business.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting package, including financial statements, KPIs, forecasts, and metric dashboards.
- Work with management to create financial packages for the Board of Directors.
- Oversee and manage the budgeting process and create variance reports.
- Set and maintain company financial and expense policies.Evaluate large vendor contracts and assist in negotiations.
- BA/BS in Finance, Econ, Accounting or related field.
- Experience in Investment Banking, Consulting or Start-up preferred.
- 3+ years of finance related experience.
- Good understanding of accounting principles and GAAP.
- Solid foundation working with Excel with the ability to do vlookups and create pivot tables.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Quickbooks experience
- Financial modeling experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and health coverage
- Meaningful equity
- 401k with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Choice of hardware
- Gym membership
- Daily lunch
- A variety of snacks and drinks
- The ability to change the landscape of office work
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
- HyperScience does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at HyperScience prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. HyperScience is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
HyperScience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HyperScience complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.