Finance Transformation Manager, Supply Chain at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a Finance Transformation Manager, Supply Chain with an accounting background, in-depth SAP functional knowledge, and an aptitude for supply chain process and systems to join our Finance Transformation Team. As part of the Finance Transformation Team, you will identify, design and build technology-driven solutions that enable strategic initiatives and operational improvements, including the implementation of SAP S/4HANA ERP. In this role, you will work closely with our Supply Chain, Connected Fitness Accounting and IT teams as a critical finance business partner, bringing your accounting expertise and a process-centric mindset to key strategic initiatives centered around technology investments in the Peloton global supply chain. You will help to design and deploy large scale changes to systems and processes in all aspects of the Peloton global supply chain, including manufacturing, procurement, purchasing, inventory management, transportation and reverse logistics, with specific focus on the integration into key financial processes.
As part of the role, you will work closely with Accounting and Finance stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand business requirements and develop a deep understanding of Peloton’s financial processes, specifically around cost accounting, inventory management and manufacturing. You will represent finance as part of a cross-functional project team, working closely with our IT and Supply Chain development teams and external partners to implement best-in-class solutions that will create efficiencies to the accounting close process, improve data integrity and support Peloton’s evolving business at scale. We are looking for a self-motivated, agile team-player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, is willing to challenge existing solutions, and has a proven ability to create and maintain collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams and their leaders. The ideal candidate possesses a unique mix of financial accounting knowledge (including inventory and cost accounting principles) and technical systems expertise centered around SAP ERP and related supply chain applications.
- Serve as the Finance subject matter expert (SME) on Supply Chain related strategic initiatives and system implementations, representing accounting requirements and considerations throughout the end-to-end development, from design through deployment.
- Play a leading role in Peloton’s implementation of SAP S/4HANA and other related supply chain system implementations, with a specific focus on integration points between supply chain and financial processes
- Collaborate and partner closely with internal stakeholders on the Connected Fitness Inventory accounting team and FP&A teams to ensure the design and functionality of the SAP S/4 Hana solution (including integrated supply chain systems) is driving value and efficiency for the organization.
- Review Functional Specification and design documents to ensure they meet business requirements
- Take an active role in testing for all in-flight projects and releases, build test scenarios, scripts and support end users with all testing phases; help to facilitate UAT with finance end users.
- Support data cleansing and conversion activities for financial data, including inventory and product costing.
- Help with development of relevant training materials, business process flows and SOP’s, and support training delivery to relevant Accounting & Finance team members
- Problem solve and provide hands-on support during post-go live hypercare and support phases
- Continuously look to make improvements to systems and processes post go-live; prioritize and spearhead enhancement projects and support strategic initiatives key to Peloton’s overall strategy.
- Provide perspective from your industry experience on how Peloton should operate - what processes should we further standardize or differentiate to build a best in class supply chain and finance operating model
- Research leading practices and determine required steps to implement best in class functionalities, provide oversight across platforms and functional areas to ensure that end-to-end processes and data flow seamlessly.
- Drive decisions across cross-functional teams in both the technical and operational arenas, ensuring tradeoffs are understood and mitigations are put in place when required
- Research and prepare recommendations - including presentations, data analysis & supporting metrics, process maps, business requirement documents and change impact analyses
- Define and drive documentation of current and target state business processes and related systems flow with emphasis on cross-functional impact
- Take a “Big Picture” view - ensure creation of new systems and processes integrates effectively into the existing landscape and does not disrupt business continuity
- Flexibly move between the Product Owner, “SME”, Process Designer, and Systems Architect as required by the situation at hand, leaning on the experts where needed but never allowing forward progress to slow
- Develop strong working relationships with the Supply Chain, Finance, IT, and Member Experiences teams to ensure a cohesive product
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in accounting, finance, computer science or related field
- 7+ years experience of relevant experience, with at least 1-2 years of operational accounting experience and 1-2 years of direct project experience on large-scale systems initiatives.
- CPA, MBA and/or equivalent a strong plus (not required).
- Hands on experience completing a full cycle SAP ERP implementation, upgrade enhancements and support.
- Direct experience working with best in class supply chain systems - big ERP, transportation management systems, quality management systems, manufacturing systems, warehouse management systems
- Significant experience with Accounting, Financial Reporting and General Ledger systems.
- Strong understanding operational accounting concepts, including intercompany transactions in a multi-entity environment and accounting considerations related to manufacturing, inventory management, and procurement processes.
- Solid working knowledge of supply chain management (BOM, work centers, routings) as they link with product costing and accounting impacts
- Experience working in a similar techno-functional role, i.e. product management, agile project/program management or workstream lead within a large-scale program.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated use of data analysis and metrics to drive decision making and continuous improvement
- Clear communicator with keen ability to present findings in succinct presentations and to express complex technical and accounting concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Highly organized with the ability to drive high level strategic thinking while also rolling up your sleeves to get the job done with a focus on issue resolution
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, demonstrating rigorous attention to detail and adaptability to take on new projects and challenges.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.