Financial Analyst, FP&A
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Our Financial Analyst is a new role and will be an integral member of Meetup’s growing Finance team, reporting to our FP&A Manager. You will make an impact by driving the company to achieve its financial and operational goals through data management and analytics. Partnering across all departments including engineering, product, marketing, strategy and design, and business operations, the Financial Analyst will analyze and interpret financial results and metrics when compared against budgets and forecasts and provide data-driven insights that help define business strategy and enable fast innovation across the organization.
We’re looking for a passionate analyst with a manic focus on detail who thrives on using financial data and analytics to help enable faster management decisions that will drive performance and the accomplishment of our mission. If you are smart, self-motivated and detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills, you are the right person to join our team!
What You’ll Do
- Produce and analyze monthly reporting on Meetup’s financial performance including revenue, expenses, headcount and other key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Build/manage models to project revenue and expense metrics on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Partner with business owners to understand departmental key expense drivers
- Summarize results of analysis for monthly presentation to senior management. Participate in preparation of various analytical reports for distribution to senior management
- Assist with annual budget and monthly forecast preparation and analysis
- Gain a deep understanding of business drivers and fundamentals to help solve business problems throughout the company
- Partner with WeWork Finance to align on best in class practices
- Assist in various finance led ad-hoc requests from senior management
Who You Are
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar field
- 2-4 years of related business experience in Corporate Finance, FP&A, planning/strategy, investment banking, etc.
- MS Excel mastery required (with experience in building/managing financial models, analyzing financial data and preparing financial reports)
- Data driven and data visualization: you must possess excellent analytical and financial modeling skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop and articulate actionable recommendations
- Excellent quantitative, communication and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain trust from leadership
- Ability and desire to roll up your sleeves and be hands-on in an entrepreneurial fast-paced environment; you’re a self-starter who loves wearing different hats and have an enthusiastic spirit that no job is too big
- Must be a team player and a fast learner, who works efficiently and is able to focus on the details and translate them into the story behind the big picture themes in the business
- Experience in the Technology or Software Development sector
- Experience managing departmental budgets for all levels of management
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?