Financial Analyst (Stealth Company) at Redesign Health
This is a Financial Analyst role at a stealth healthcare start-up launching out of Redesign. We are a new venture revolutionizing the health and wellness experience. While the details are currently confidential, our company will remedy some of the most frustrating problems people have with healthcare today, and instead provide care that’s more compassionate, contemporary, and intuitive.
About the Role
As a Financial Analyst, you will play an integral role in the Finance Team’s mission: to help our growing company better understand itself through numbers and analysis, guide strategic decision making, and enable value creation. You’ll be joining the business in its earliest stage, and will be able to make an enormous impact on its future. In this role, you will make an impact by guiding decision making with numbers and analysis and deliver visibility into business performance. Partnering across all departments including operations, business development, real estate, and marketing, you will evaluate and interpret financial and operational outcomes to yield insights that help define business strategy and enable rapid innovation across the organization.
- Own consolidated financial model and forecast for business, and incorporate the latest business assumptions into our financial projections.
- Provide valuable insights into business performance that guide strategic decision making.
- Collaborate with our functional heads to develop operating forecasts.
- Author presentations for potential investors and board.
- Build and maintain dashboards that provide financial visibility on spending trends vs operating forecasts and budgets.
- Work with Accounting to ensure alignment on monthly financial close and push beyond to develop robust variances analyses that inform our forecast.
- Verify invoicing, cash collection, and vendor payment processes in collaboration with Accounting.
- Prepare monthly management, investor, and partner reporting.
- Resourceful self-starter who thrives in ambiguous situations and has an enthusiastic spirit.
- Curiosity drives you to dig deep into the numbers and develop meaningful commentary to explain changes in our financial performance.
- Motivated to continuously search for process efficiencies and improvements.
- Mastery of Excel is required, including experience building and managing 3 statement models.
- Experience with Powerpoint or Google Slides is required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- BA/BS Degree in a discipline of finance, science, technology, engineering, or mathematics.
- 2-4 years of related business experience in Investment Banking, Equity Research, Corporate Finance, FP&A, or Planning/Strategy.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% company paid medical plan options (additional medical, dental and vision plans available too!).
- Health & fitness discount program.
- Flexible and generous time off.
- Pre-tax savings plans for public transportation and parking expenses.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.
- Regular company lunches & events.
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Candid, Lively, Ever/Body, and Vault Health. We’re capitalized with $250mm+ in permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
Redesign’s mission is to empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high-quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We choose our team members based on merit and business needs. It's the right thing to do.