Trialspark is a technology company that brings new treatments to patients faster by reimagining the clinical trial process. Today, a clinical trial can cost more than $100M and take 10 years to complete, bottlenecking the development of new treatments for patients. We’re fundamentally changing how trials are run, rethinking the trial process both from a technology and operational perspective.
As the Controller at Trialspark, you will be responsible for establishing the company’s accounting, financial reporting, and control policies and ensuring compliance with said policies. You’ll collaborate with major stakeholders across all departments to ensure they have the financial information needed to make optimal business decisions. As a key member of our finance team, you have a passion for process improvement and building structure in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the monthly close process and preparing all financial reporting required by management and investors
- Ensuring the company’s policies and procedures comply with US GAAP
- Developing and implementing key controls to proactively manage risk
- Implementing new processes and software to help the company scale efficiently
- Ensuring the company tracks relevant financial metrics to measure performance and progress against our goals
- Coordinating with our FP&A team to produce regular budgets and forecasts
- You have 7+ years of relevant experience, including experience in public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and at a fast-growing startup
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, CPA required
- You have a thorough knowledge of US GAAP
- You have experience at companies with complex revenue models and cost structures
- You have strong project management skills
- You are organized, detail-oriented, and focused on getting things done
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.