Financial Controller at Rokt
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Sydney in 2012, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, Groupon, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of USD$150m+ & a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently listed in Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ in New York. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series C in 2019, raising US$48m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment will support our continued investment in research & development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having great fun transforming the world of ecommerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Financial Controller to join our Finance leadership team. Reporting to the CFO and working in a small cross-functional Finance and FP&A team, you will have a broad range of responsibilities and considerable opportunity for career development. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on, can-do attitude, and be excited by the opportunity to redefine internal controls, policies and procedures across our finance organisation globally. Day-to-day, you will be responsible for the delivery of timely and accurate financial information and work hand-in-hand with our FP&A team to deliver Board and Shareholder reporting material. You will have experience managing a team and be adept at change management.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Oversee all accounting functions for our global organisation including:
- Managing AR/AP, payroll, expenses, tax management and preparation
- Managing month-end accounts and reporting (including assisting in the management of our general ledger and reviewing journal entries across multiple entities)
- Management of Audit process across multiple jurisdictions
- Transfer pricing and treasury management
- Lead the design and implementation of system and process improvements to enhance transparency, timeliness and impact of financial reporting
- Partner with the with CFO and Deputy CFO to deliver a number of strategic priorities over the next 6 - 12 months including a transfer pricing study and ERP implementation
- Effective manager
- Willingness to travel
Capabilities & requirements
- Minimum 5 years experience at Big 4 Accounting Firms minimum 5 years experience in a finance management role
- CPA or CA certified and demonstrated continual professional development
- Deep understanding of IFRS and significant experience with multi-entity structures
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of system and process improvements - leading an ERP implementation is a plus
- Proficient with Xero, Netsuite and other ERP systems
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Resilient, collaborative and proactive
- Can lead and motivate a geographically dispersed team
- Willingness to travel
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! Access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan in the US. In the US, get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love to hear from you - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.