Financial Crimes & Investigations Associate at Paxful
Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Working alongside our Director, Compliance - Financial Crimes & Investigations, the Financial Crimes & Investigations Associate will be charged with researching, analyzing, and investigating high-risk customer account behavior for suspicious activity in accordance with Paxful’s platform policies and procedures. They will manage complex cases and prepare electronic files with complete and accurate data to maintain the integrity of our Compliance program. Paxful’s team embraces customer focus, tenacious problem-solving, collaboration, and the Financial Crimes & Investigations Associate will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Review and monitor complex customer verification documents to search for patterns of malicious behavior
- Utilize blockchain analytics to conduct advanced bitcoin investigations.
- Communicate with customers to conduct enhanced due diligence, understand transaction patterns, or other suspicious account activity.
- Conduct Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) investigations linking possible criminal activity
- Share investigative findings across teams, and contribute through projects, procedures, policies, or product
- Conduct investigations for potentially suspicious activity and conduct all job duties in accordance to Paxful's rules and regulations
Who You Are
- You're interested in cryptocurrency and financial crime and have a sense of curiosity.
- While being able to handle competing priorities, You should have the ability to analyze data (Excel) and to put your findings in a report.
- You're punctual, independent, proactive and have the drive to get things done.
What We’re Looking For
- Min. 2-3 years of previous work experience in the compliance/risk sector or investigations/due diligence experience (private or government sector) strongly preferred
- Experience analyzing transactions in a compliance role. Experience using blockchain analytics is preferred
- Have an understanding of different business models, customer types, country risks and regulatory requirements across multiple geographies
- Professional certifications (i.e. CFE, CAMS) are preferred. Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Law, International Relations, business administration, finance, or similar field preferred.
- Knowledge of the crypto industry is a plus and willingness to gain expertise of the financial crime typologies in the crypto industry
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful's COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.