The Financial Planning Team at Betterment is the face of the company for our higher balance customers. As one of our Financial Planners, you are a fiduciary that focuses on delivering sound financial advice, and one that puts the customer at the center of every interaction and decision. You love interacting with people, and are an educator at heart. You are also a master at the art of the analogy and can explain complex concepts in easy-to-understand ways. In this role, you will be joining a tight-knit team that is an integral part of the organization.A Day in the Life:
- Conduct personal consultations (prep, meeting & followup) with higher balance prospects/customers, on topics such as investments, retirement and taxes
- Guide customers on how to use our tools and strategies in a way that best applies to their personal situation
- Deliver an above-and-beyond customer experience through multiple channels including phone, email, and screen share
- Troubleshoot customer issues and concerns, investigating why they happened, and communicating with multiple teams to find rapid resolutions
- Share the voice of the customers to the broader company, offering insights to all areas of the business to help build a better product and improve company processes (e.g., website, FAQ, UI/UX, back office procedures, etc.)
- Act as an external representative of our company, offering your knowledge to various media outlets, interview opportunities and educational articles
- CFP® designation
- Previous experience working with BIPOC clients
- Passion for working directly with customers
- Highly proficient in common wealth management strategies
- Previous experience with customer/prospect-facing meetings
- Ability to build trust and communicate complex concepts clearly
- Tech savvy, specifically the ability to navigate multiple systems simultaneously to respond to customer inquiries (CRM, portfolio manager, and other internal tools)
- Creative, with a breadth of interests, and an intrinsic initiative to learn new things
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
- You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
- You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells and BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.