The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Financial Planning & Analysis team plays a critical role in analyzing and implementing The Trade Desk’s financial and strategic initiatives. We are looking for a high performing Associate Manager to support the Data Partnerships organization with modeling, project management and presentation of critical operating data. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who not only possesses exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills but also communicates findings confidently and articulately to a wide range of stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Work with broader FP&A team to support the Data Partnerships organization by project managing all aspects of strategy projects from reviewing problem statement, to modeling research findings and helping craft strategic recommendations
- Build financial and operational models for high-priority strategic initiatives, including analyzing pricing models, new product launches and product adoption
- Design reports and dashboards to track key performance metrics and insights
- Collaborate with the Accounting team to assist in various close procedures including variance fluctuation analysis and accruals
- Develop analytics to help structure new commercial agreements and evaluate success of existing partnership terms with key players in the industry
- Prepare materials for financial review meetings, highlighting variances to forecasts and using insights to drive forecasting improvements for our operating model and long-range plans
- Perform value added ad-hoc analyses to help drive decision making
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, economics, or an applicable field; MBA from a top-tier institution or equivalent experience preferred
- 6+ years of experience in corporate finance/strategy, data analytics, investment banking, management consulting
- Experience in digital media, internet or data companies preferred
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and accounting concepts
- Proven track record of building financial models and ad hoc analyses to distill complex problems into digestible insights
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with experience in building relationships across teams, presenting insights and recommendations to senior management and business leaders
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and strong business sense, with the ability to understand changing industry forces and focus on relevant KPIs
- Experience with or interest in learning database (SQL, Vertica), data visualization (Tableau), and financial planning software (Oracle)
- Ability to thrive in a high growth and entrepreneurial environment where strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities are a must
- High personal and professional integrity with can-do attitude to dig into anything and everything to support the business
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.